DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

almost ready to go

Dustymagic

Reactions
I will soon be taking my flight test.
Any tips, suggestions, do's and dont's much appreciated. I'd love to hear from anyone who failed first time as these are the best lessons to learn from.

I will soon be taking my flight test.
Any tips, suggestions, do's and dont's much appreciated. I'd love to hear from anyone who failed first time as these are the best lessons to learn from.
Flight test as part of what qualification @Dustymagic ?? What country are you in???

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your first flight - slow and minute stick movements and not in 'sport mode' would be my advice.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Always take off with a fully charged battery. Make sure the home point has been recorded. Make sure you have enough satellites displayed before you takeoff. Keep it high enough so you don’t hit anything if it’s up high you can’t hit nothing. Keep it close by until you get used to the sticks. Baby steps.

Just go for it. In the house. LOL Ok DONT do that. Have a preflight checklist. Sounds silly but it gets me through flights. If you are leaving your home double check EVERYTHING. I was camping this weekend and went on a hike with one dead battery and a full memory card. That super sucked. Thank goodness I have two of each. Also if you have someone with you try to have them not talk or keep it to a minimum. It's time to fly not get distracted by chit chat. Have fun. These are stupid easy to fly but you have to be paying attention! My 9 year old son gets flight time with my MA (he flys a SIMREX X300C so I don't worry much). Read the manual for sure. Oh and start in beginner mode until you get comfortable. One more thing, pay attention to fly zones and avoid being around people. A nice clear area for sure. LOL and watch out for birds! Practice take offs and landings and hovering. Do figure 8's all day. It will get you comfortable turning both ways faster. My first few flights I didn't worry about filming or pictures. Fly first. Also dont look at the screen when learning to fly, watch your drone and stay in line of sight at all times. I promise you have a great time!!!

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Take it slow, small stick movements. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin