DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s AMA Airfield in Staten Island. Good for NYC Drone Flight

glad they make you feel welcome ,do you fly from the flight line ,or some other spot in the actual field ,and are you expected to become a member of the AMA to enable you to fly there
just curious thats all

glad they make you feel welcome ,do you fly from the flight line ,or some other spot in the actual field ,and are you expected to become a member of the AMA to enable you to fly there
just curious that's all
I am a a past president of the club. I used to fly pattern aircraft there. I rejoined as a club and AMA member. It's a friendly club for the most part. There is a little resistance to Drones because they don't participate in membership or support as a whole. I teach drone flight there to help enhance relationships of new with old. I feel like it's my part to help the hobby. The AMA has a way to go with accommodating drone flight, but old habits die hard. The only way to get increased support is to support the AMA itself. They recognize membership. Hopefully they will recognize potential members soon. There rues are really for Radio control airplanes and need to be adapted to today's drone pilots.

Reactions: old man mavic
@BetterBizWorks thanks for your reply ,to a large extent it is a similar situation here as well ,to many RC flyers of model aircraft ,we are an unwelcome addition to the hobby ,although some of our associations, have recently started to embrace drone flyers ,and there place in the world of RC with a more relaxed approach ,we should all be pulling together ,to keep our respective hobbies alive and kicking ,so future generations can enjoy what we have now and more

Reactions: BetterBizWorks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078