DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazing video from drone? ( Mod Removed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Controversial? I wonder why?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, "That's CGI and not real!"

It's going to get a LOT of attention and traction around the globe but something about it screams CGI.

It's going to get a LOT of attention and traction around the globe but something about it screams CGI.
Probably from MS FlightSim. LOL

I didn’t pay close attention at first, but I tend to agree. The video looks a little too “sharp,” but in particular the shadow on takeoff. It should get fuzzier as it climbs, and doesn’t appear to. Also, it seems like wingtip vortices would have caused a massive amount of turbulence as it passed - probably enough to destroy most drones, or even larger aircraft.

Hmmm! Really would have liked to see how the drone reacted to and handled the jet wash from that big boy! LOL A support ticket into Microsoft to include jet wash on their next release.

Reactions: JamieK
Looks real to me. Its amazing to see how close the drone was when the plane passed.

Very nice clip but certainly controversial at face value
No guys - the shadow definitely looks real to me all the way through. This is totally outrageous.what about the 5 mile from the airport rule?

No sure about the authenticity. The shadows do look odd to me. If is it real video then, Holy Smirnoff Batman!!!

Watched in full screen (odd max video res is only 720p) and 1/4 speed. I agree it's a sim, specifically MSFS 2020. Want further proof? It was apparently added to MSFS 2020 around the end of May '21 and the plane in this video and the one from the so called drone shot have the same fuselage markings.

Yeah I believe it's fake. I saw some extremely realistic airplane videos posted to facebook about a month ago. Looks like the same thing I saw. I agree with it being a SIM.

If it was a drone the turbulence or jet blast from the 6 engines would knock it out of the sky.

The video is real. What I question about it is - are we sure it was shot with a drone? ;) With a little digging I found the original video from the pilot, I think they were making a promotional video. The shot from the air is using a very long lens attached to a very good camera - this is no consumer drone; if it is a drone at all. It is the long lens that produces a flat image that gives the feeling of something unusual about the video.

Original video - Skip to about 3:20 to see the take off from inside as well as the footage from outside.

And for comparison, here is a promotional video by Boeing that contains shots that don't look real (like the take-offs). Many of the clips in this video were shot from a helicopter.

Reactions: sar104 and GFields
It was apparently added to MSFS 2020 around the end of May '21 and the plane in this video and the one from the so called drone shot have the same fuselage markings.
The SIM and the subject aircraft have the same markings because this Antonov AN-225 is the only one in the world.

No - it's real. I downloaded the video and checked frame by frame. Far too much extraneous subtle detail and video artifacts for it to be CGI, including a beautiful display of dust blown up by the starboard wing vortex on takeoff roll, among other things.

And I can tell you with reasonable certainty when it was shot. This was a departure to the NW on runway 33 from Kiev on July 5 2021 at 1353Z, heading for Leipzig. The sun azimuth was 268° at an elevation of 37°, which agrees exactly with the shadows in the video. Recorded weather that afternoon was fair/partly cloudy.

No - it's real. I downloaded the video and checked frame by frame. Far too much extraneous subtle detail and video artifacts for it to be CGI, including a beautiful display of dust blown up by the starboard wing vortex on takeoff roll, among other things.

And I can tell you with reasonable certainty when it was shot. This was a departure to the NW on runway 33 from Kiev on July 5 2021 at 1353Z, heading for Leipzig. The sun azimuth was 268° at an elevation of 37°, which agrees exactly with the shadows in the video. Recorded weather that afternoon was fair/partly cloudy.
That video is here. I'll believe it but it certainly would not be difficult to use a sim flight video for better understanding as an accompaneed video to add to the cockpit actual flight.

Reactions: sar104
The video is real. What I question about it is - are we sure it was shot with a drone? ;) With a little digging I found the original video from the pilot, I think they were making a promotional video. The shot from the air is using a very long lens attached to a very good camera - this is no consumer drone; if it is a drone at all. It is the long lens that produces a flat image that gives the feeling of something unusual about the video.

Original video - Skip to about 3:20 to see the take off from inside as well as the footage from outside.

And for comparison, here is a promotional video by Boeing that contains shots that don't look real (like the take-offs). Many of the clips in this video were shot from a helicopter.

That certainly seems to confirm it was coordinated, but it's not shot with a long lens - that's obvious from the lack of foreshortening and the rate of yaw of the camera to follow the aircraft as it passes. The camera was less than 100 m from the aircraft, and note that no helicopter is in view from the cockpit on takeoff. It was clearly a drone.

Ok, so we're saying it's real, no helicopter with a long range lens, and the drone used a wide angle lens. Then please explain with the drone being so close how it managed to stay stable while encountering the tremendous wake turbulence created by the AN-225.

Here's the wake turbulence from an A380, similar in size to the AN-225 (30 more feet of wingspan for the AN-225).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman