DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Andoid or iOS....opinions please

zammo25

Reactions
Hi All, first post here so go easy.

I just got my Mavic about 2 weeks ago and so far really like it. The only issue I have is that every time I have flown the Mavic, without fail the app crashes and causes my device to fully reboot. I've been using Android devices, a Nexus 6 and a Nexus 6p, neither are on the officialy supported list I know. When not crashing my device, it works pretty well with no stuttering etc. Coming from a Phantom 3 Advanced, which didn't crash, but stuttered really badly non stop.

Anyway, what I really wanted to know from those who may have experienced Android and iOS, will switching to using an iOS device resolve these issues with app crashes and phone reboots? I really don't want to change my daily device which is the Nexus 6p, so was looking at getting an iPhone 6 plus to use purely with the Mavic. Thoughts?

was looking at getting an iPhone 6 plus to use purely with the Mavic
I've never tried the iPhone 6 Plus, but I never had any trouble running DJI GO on my iPhone 6s. It also runs great on my iPhone 7.

Reactions: zammo25
Go with an apple device. Cheapest would be a used iPad mini 2. The android devices are ok, but the DJI android software is playing catchup, which is ironic considering that the mavic is itself an android device.

I've never tried the iPhone 6 Plus, but I never had any trouble running DJI GO on my iPhone 6s. It also runs great on my iPhone 7.[/QUO
Hi All, first post here so go easy.

I just got my Mavic about 2 weeks ago and so far really like it. The only issue I have is that every time I have flown the Mavic, without fail the app crashes and causes my device to fully reboot. I've been using Android devices, a Nexus 6 and a Nexus 6p, neither are on the officialy supported list I know. When not crashing my device, it works pretty well with no stuttering etc. Coming from a Phantom 3 Advanced, which didn't crash, but stuttered really badly non stop.

Anyway, what I really wanted to know from those who may have experienced Android and iOS, will switching to using an iOS device resolve these issues with app crashes and phone reboots? I really don't want to change my daily device which is the Nexus 6p, so was looking at getting an iPhone 6 plus to use purely with the Mavic. Thoughts?

Go Apple:) Nuff said!

Go with an apple device. Cheapest would be a used iPad mini 2. The android devices are ok, but the DJI android software is playing catchup, which is ironic considering that the mavic is itself an android device.

Thanks for the reply. I don't really want to go with the mini as I want the device to fit nicely into the controller.

Anyone have direct experience with the 6 Plus?

I have a Nexus 6P and an iPhone 7 Plus but I'm using only the iPhone with the Mavic.

Mini iPad 4 works very fine and you can see a big sharpeness image. This device not ask another adaptor.

Attachments

• IMG_20170503_181443.jpg
    IMG_20170503_181443.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
In my opinion if you can, buy the 6s plus.

I had the 6 plus and the 6s plus and I can tell you that the difference is big. They look like identical but the GPU and the CPU is day and night. The only then that the 6 plus is a bit better than the 6s plus is the battery life and nothing else.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I've just ordered a 6s plus. Hopefully that'll be a lot more reliable than the Nexus.

Reactions: dsmpampis

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snaeem