DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android vs iOS

I am using an iPhone 6+ And have had zero disconnects through 37 flights.

Whatever device you get I suggest you make sure it has built in GPS.
You will need that if you want to utilize some of the features of the Mavic.

I should mention that most of the posts about disconnects revolve around android devices. It seems to be hit or miss with getting the right device.

Rob
That's what seems to be happening right now with my Pixel. I'm saving up for a Mini 4.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Unless you have used both OS with the GO4 app while flying the Mavic,....you really should not respond. I'm a hardcore android fan to the bone. But for the GO4 app and Mavic the ios version gets the thumbs up over android.

I wish it was the other way around, but Dji has had better luck with ios.

I agree 100% I swore off Apple last year but I did just buy an iPad Mini 4 (cellular) for the Mavic. I don't want to take the chance of losing my Mavic due to a software glitch.

I agree 100% I swore off Apple last year but I did just buy an iPad Mini 4 (cellular) for the Mavic. I don't want to take the chance of losing my Mavic due to a software glitch.

I swore I would never use an iPhone or iPad but did the change two years ago from Andriod and I wouldn't go back. iOS works and works very well. Now I swear off Android.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I bought a nVidia K1 Shield to replace my Nexus 7 2012 edition. Then added a Mini 2 due to the fact that app's dedicated to only one version were beginning to pop up, and I did not want to be limited due to a Operating System choice. I also worked for Dji last year as a product tester. I also beta tested the GO app firmware, and firmware for some of their different aircraft.

I swore I would never use an iPhone or iPad but did the change two years ago from Andriod and I wouldn't go back. iOS works and works very well. Now I swear off Android.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

There's a group of us long timers here that found the best option was to stick with a firmware version you're happy with, and stop doing updates. I stopped updating my P3P 1.5yrs ago. And it's really nice going to fly and having a piece of mind knowing exactly what to expect before hand and during any flying.

I so wanted to be able to use Android as I have a spare tablet that would be ideal for the Mavic but to date I have found the Android app to be less than 100% reliable.

I now use iOS on my iPhone 6. Even though the display is a bit smaller than I would like, at least the iPhone is 100% reliable, which is more important to me.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I've been android only for phones for many years now and would never own an iPhone in the foreseeable future. But I always use iPads for my DJI stuff.

I've been android only for phones for many years now and would never own an iPhone in the foreseeable future. But I always use iPads for my DJI stuff.

You're doing it right. Several times my Shield K1 lost connection or crashed. Heh, felt like I had stepped onto an elevator. And the cable broke[emoji58]

Sent from [emoji211]

I use a Galaxy s7 Edge, an iPad Mini and an iPhone 7 Plus and all work absolutely fine with DJI Go. I would say the only benefits of iOS is stability though a single manufacturer and smaller product set whereas Android has more combinations of hardware and software and DJI do not support all. For instance I was reminded by DJI support my Android phone is not on their supported list. Another issue I have with my s7 is video cache and capacity as I could only get the 32GB model and have to free up space by moving some things to SD card if the software does not support alternate storage locations.

All that said DJI GO works fine on the s7 and the storage thing is not so much of an issue as I personally think the s7 is a better phone than the iPhone.

In contrast the reason I still use the iOS devices is I think the third party apps for the Mavic Pro are better on iOS namely Autopilot and something in beta called Hanger 360.

If I didn't already have an iPhone 7 for work and an iPad for home I would be perfectly happy with my Android.

Reactions: Wacker2611
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial