DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another crash, what are the rules on this?

MKurr

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
So, I just saw this video where someone crashes into a windturbine:

What are the regulations about wind turbines? I would imagine you're not allowed to fly slowly through the blades....

Another great example of someone not using common sense.

In the States, that is not allowed.

Common sense is not allowed in the US? Well that explains everything - I wish I had known that earlier.

There's a saying in golf, when you are behind trees ... "There's more air than tree!" - But 9 times out of 10 when you try to drive through the trees, you'll hit a branch!
I'd exercise the same caution with Wind Turbines ... go round!

Seems it was a thread with the guy that did that awhile back or might just be another one.

Reactions: old man mavic
Who could resist flying through the spinning blades of death.
Don't put it on yt though because some righteous individual will report you and it will cost you big time. Then they will go through everything you posted and fine you for that too. After that you will be constantly monitored. Don't ask me how I know this...

Who could resist flying through the spinning blades of death.
Don't put it on yt though because some righteous individual will report you and it will cost you big time. Then they will go through everything you posted and fine you for that too. After that you will be constantly monitored. Don't ask me how I know this...
The world of irresponsible flying, according to Garp. ;)

OK I just deleted several post as....Unnecessary post that are Off Topic...
So lets stay on topic.
Thanks

So, I just saw this video where someone crashes into a windturbine:

What are the regulations about wind turbines? I would imagine you're not allowed to fly slowly through the blades....
So as to get a considered answer, it would help if you said what country/where on planet Earth you are talking about since different countries have different rules and laws on stand off distances and required permissions!

Taking a wild guess I would say the USA Ed .:)

Common sense is not allowed in the US? Well that explains everything - I wish I had known that earlier.
You could have known, after all, they have a central intelligence agency...

Reactions: JanB
In Texas, they are considered critical infrastructure and to remain 400ft away and, cannot fly over them.
I know Texas and some other mostly southern states have "critical infrastructure" restrictions, but I've never heard of an FAA restriction (other than flying safely) that applies elsewhere in the USA. If someone could point to a specific FAA regulation, I'd appreciate it.

Reactions: MKurr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman