DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any good tips for a summer-winter transition?

VegardBerland

Reactions
Hi! I recently tried doing a transition from winter to summer with my Mavic Air 2, but it wasn't quite lined up. The effect is at about 0:13 in the video.

Does anyone have good tips for doing this in the best way and what editing technique that works best to get the full effect?

I imagine you looked at making the transition longer which is probably what I might have done but I think it was well done as is. You might also look at other potential transitions that might show it in a different way. I don't know how you could get it any better. The two videos were in really good sync given the technology. Well done.

Nice video

Reactions: VegardBerland
I imagine you looked at making the transition longer which is probably what I might have done but I think it was well done as is. You might also look at other potential transitions that might show it in a different way. I don't know how you could get it any better. The two videos were in really good sync given the technology. Well done.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! Yes, I've tried different lengths on the transition and it looked a bit weird when it was longer because the two clips wasn't quite synced.

I myself would try some sound effects to support the seasons.

Winter: howling winds, predatory animal calls, ice cracking, fog horns, what else?
Summer: bird calls, bubbling brooks/streams, squirrels chittering, what else?

Even with the music - these seasons should get different music. The current track sounds pensive and winter-like.

I totally agree with AKDrone. He took the words out of my mouth as I was about to write. You have captured the transition very nicely. Perhaps the cross dissolve could run a bit longer is all that I can add.

Dale
Miami

I myself would try some sound effects to support the seasons.

Winter: howling winds, predatory animal calls, ice cracking, fog horns, what else?
Summer: bird calls, bubbling brooks/streams, squirrels chittering, what else?

Even with the music - these seasons should get different music. The current track sounds pensive and winter-like.
Thank you! Great tips 😃

I totally agree with AKDrone. He took the words out of my mouth as I was about to write. You have captured the transition very nicely. Perhaps the cross dissolve could run a bit longer is all that I can add.

Dale
Miami
Thanks a lot for watching and giving some feedback 😃

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661