DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint Missions lost

Reactions
I have been working on day to night and summer to winter transitions flying the same waypoints route using Mavic 3 Cine.

Last week I was about to do a winter pass of a flight I had saved in summer.

Everything was going fine until I hit go. Then nothing happened apart from me getting a message saying waypoints had failed to load. I returned, landed and restarted. I then found that the waypoints mode had disappeared as had all photo and video modes. (No quick shots, no panorama etc).

Try as I did I could not get them back. To cut a long support story short I had to reset the smart controller to factory settings thereby losing all the waypoint flights I had saved for a year.

The reason for this post is that I implore anyone concerned to request in strong terms that DJI allow users to backup waypoint missions to computer. It’s beyond me why this is not possible. The files would be tiny. Working on a long term project like this only to lose the lot half way through is somewhat annoying.

I know how painful that is, I had an update that wiped my waypoint out.

Im sure there is some black ops government reason why Way Points are so sketch.
the only thing I can advise is have a back up drone with the same way points .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, and Pray your Way Points dont go south.

I have been working on day to night and summer to winter transitions flying the same waypoints route using Mavic 3 Cine.

Last week I was about to do a winter pass of a flight I had saved in summer.

Everything was going fine until I hit go. Then nothing happened apart from me getting a message saying waypoints had failed to load. I returned, landed and restarted. I then found that the waypoints mode had disappeared as had all photo and video modes. (No quick shots, no panorama etc).

Try as I did I could not get them back. To cut a long support story short I had to reset the smart controller to factory settings thereby losing all the waypoint flights I had saved for a year.

The reason for this post is that I implore anyone concerned to request in strong terms that DJI allow users to backup waypoint missions to computer. It’s beyond me why this is not possible. The files would be tiny. Working on a long term project like this only to lose the lot half way through is somewhat annoying.
Can you not manually back them up to computer via a USB cable, i.e. copy them or their folder to computer?

Although I have not personally tried this, there is a Thread Here to show you how to backup waypoints

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman