DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any issues traveling to UK, Iceland, Ireland, Amsterdam, Brussels and Belgic?

fiigo0

Reactions
I’m planning a trip to these places, I’m flying on wow, Ryan air, SAS airlines and Norwegian airlines I’m not sure about the regulations on this countries so any advice will be very helpful!

There are no restrictions in the UK, UK and other European countries as far as the hobbyist is concerned. The rules are actually guidelines, the usual thing, keep keep below 400 feet and above 150 feet near buildings or people. According to the civil aviation authority they want you to go on an approved training course at huge cost in order to film commercially. But to be honest, that’s about it.
I have an app on my phone which shows me the high risk areas for airports, schools, power lines etc, so I can check the environment around me before I fly. Apart from that, just enjoy the freedom to fly without anyone bothering you. You will of course have to talk to the locals if they spot you, we are a friendly curious bunch in the UK.
The weather has been rubbish for flying lately or it Sod’s law it seems that it’s always sunny when I’m at work and raining when it’s my day off. But spring & summer is arriving. There’s bound to be something I didn’t mention and I’m sure another of my compatriots will chip in with some more advice.
Regards BrianView attachment 35235

Last edited:
In Belgium the law is very restritive. You need to have a Belgian drone pilot licence that will allow you to flight up to 45m or 90m height depending of the license type (class 2 or class 1)
Without this license you're can only flight above private property (of course with authorization of the property owner) up to max 10 meters altitude and with a drone of less than 1 kg.

In Belgium the law is very restritive. You need to have a Belgian drone pilot licence that will allow you to flight up to 45m or 90m height depending of the license type (class 2 or class 1)
Without this license you're can only flight above private property (of course with authorization of the property owner) up to max 10 meters altitude and with a drone of less than 1 kg.

:(

This is why it irritates me when numtys flout the rules - 'cause these kinds of restrictions will happen everywhere if a 'public safety' argument can be made for them.

Reactions: AeroJ and choo choo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garydwillett