DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any one using the Epson Moverio "goggles" with their Mavic ?

Greybird

Reactions
I have the DJI goggles, and was very disappointed with the quality of the visuals - could not focus at all until I read somewhere where you go to the dollar store, buy a few pairs of assorted reader glasses and try wearing those to focus. That worked, but the quality of the video is still pretty bad - no real details... Good for overall flying, but not finessed and would fly in woods or where fine viewing would be necessary.
So I'm looking at the Moverio glasses. The added advantage of that would be that you don't need a "spotter" either, and could fly alone and still "follow the rules".

Anyone ?

I don't know if this would improve the quality for you, but DJI does make corrective lenses that fit into the DJI Goggles. You can find them here on Amazon or in the DJI Store here.
1547930845874.png

I own the BT300's and DJI Goggles. If I had to pick based solely on the quality of the visuals, I choose the DJI Goggles.

When flying in normal daylight, I cannot see the picture very well in the BT300's unless I have the darkest shades on the glasses. That then makes it impossible (for me) to see the drone through the picture in the glasses. Some people say they are able to work around that issue by tilting their head to look over the picture or above/below the glasses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I love my regular white dji goggles. I'm not sure what you're talking about with video recording vs. just flying... I don't think having the goggles on has anything to do with picture taking or recording video... Lol
Yes, I had to buy the dji inserts and it could NOT be any more clearer.. I literally just touch the side of the headset and I can take pics or record vids... It's all touch sensitive...
The pics and vids I get are the very same ones I get if I don't wear the goggles and use only the iPad...
I think you didn't give the oem goggles a chance.

Reactions: Pontoon-pilot
msinger - Thank you! Very helpful!

I think I'll get the BT-300's also... to experiment... and as a birthday present for myself (as I did with the Mavic 2 yrs. ago). I'll also get the corrective lenses and see if they make a difference.

Cheers !

msinger - Thank you! Very helpful!

I think I'll get the BT-300's also... to experiment... and as a birthday present for myself (as I did with the Mavic 2 yrs. ago). I'll also get the corrective lenses and see if they make a difference.

Cheers !

I have a pair with the ace enclosures and other extras for sale, if interested just PM me.

Reactions: Former Member
I have the DJI goggles, and was very disappointed with the quality of the visuals - could not focus at all until I read somewhere where you go to the dollar store, buy a few pairs of assorted reader glasses and try wearing those to focus. That worked, but the quality of the video is still pretty bad - no real details... Good for overall flying, but not finessed and would fly in woods or where fine viewing would be necessary.
So I'm looking at the Moverio glasses. The added advantage of that would be that you don't need a "spotter" either, and could fly alone and still "follow the rules".

Anyone ?
If you get the inserts, there is a brand called Focus Fixers that offer a product some people prefer.
I have the goggles, and don't have any issue with clarity. There are three modes to select from for a quality grade...720p smooth mode, 1080p (maximum), and a normal mode. The difference between the last two, is the third allows you to record at 4K, but displays 1080p where as the HD (first 1080 choice) records at 1080p.
Note that in both cases of 1080p, the resolution drops to 720p at the mile mark.
Not that you would be flying out a mile because who can maintain line of sight a mile out? Certainly not me, or my shall remain anonymous spotter friend.

Reactions: Former Member
I don't know if this would improve the quality for you, but DJI does make corrective lenses that fit into the DJI Goggles. You can find them here on Amazon or in the DJI Store here.
View attachment 59716

I own the BT300's and DJI Goggles. If I had to pick based solely on the quality of the visuals, I choose the DJI Goggles.

When flying in normal daylight, I cannot see the picture very well in the BT300's unless I have the darkest shades on the glasses. That then makes it impossible (for me) to see the drone through the picture in the glasses. Some people say they are able to work around that issue by tilting their head to look over the picture or above/below the glasses.
From what I've seen, the Moverios require more gear to set up, and have a more finicky track pad requiring at least some instruction via pseudo typing on a device that does not facilitate typing.
I had considered the Moverios, but after MUCH research decided that the one advantage, situational awareness, was not worth the additional expense and hassle.

From what I've seen, the Moverios require more gear to set up, and have a more finicky track pad requiring at least some instruction via pseudo typing on a device that does not facilitate typing.
I had considered the Moverios, but after MUCH research decided that the one advantage, situational awareness, was not worth the additional expense and hassle.
I too have both, advantages & disadvantages. My choice is dji goggles for a immersive flying experience

DJI Part 21 +4.0D Goggles Corrective Lenses, Pair
$38.00 at Amazon. They'll snap right in your DJI Goggles. Definitely a must if you wear glasses.

WHY PICK FOCUS-FIXERS OVER OTHER DESIGNS?

from Focus-Fixers.com ....

COMFORT / CLEARANCE
We’ve gone to great lengths to try and keep the lens and lens assembly away from the outer bridge of your nose. Our design specifically allows for the maximum amount of space between the bridge of your nose and the lens assembly by not extending the lens all the way to the inner frame edge while still maintaining a full unobstructed view. Nose clearance is especially important when using higher diopter lenses which are naturally thicker. While other designs may look sleeker they are lacking where it counts - comfort for your nose and face.

SHARP ACROSS ENTIRE FIELD OF VIEW
Our lenses are positioned at a natural angle, just like normal glasses, to achieve the best sharpness across the entire field of view.

EASY TO USE
We recognized that lens adapters can be a bit fiddly to remove in such a confined area so we built in a handle on the outer edge to make it very easy to install and remove.
SUPERIOR SUPPORT BEFORE AND AFTER THE SALE
Ask anyone and they will tell you our customer support before and after the sale is unsurpassed. We have well over 2,000 happy customers!

PUBLIC DISCUSSION COMPARING FOCUS-FIXERS AND DJI’S LENSES
DJI Corrective Lenses vs Focus Fixers for DJI Goggles/Racing Edition?

YOUTUBE REVIEWS

I have to 350's and love 'em. Yes the touch pad is wonkey for setup, but once it done, it's done.
As to brightness, I just turn it up on the controller and all is good, and yes depending on lighting conditions with either the stock dark shades, or the Rochester shade you do have to peek over the rims sometimes.
But well worth it for flight and the telemetry display, easier to go between that and the bird.
The only thing I feel guarded about is that there is no real strain relief for the cable coming out of the glasses. I fitted a couple of the grocery store bands to keep it attatched to the earpiece going over the left ear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078