DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone ever have a Mini 3 repaired?

Mr500CM

Reactions
I just bought a Mini 3 combo that lost a. Fight with a seagull. I basically bought it for the three spare batteries, after looking at it it has a broken gimbal and camera along with a broken arm. I was going to keep it for parts but I was wondering what it would cost to put humpty dumpty back together again.

Send it to DJI for an estimate.

I haven't used the service but others have and seemed pleased with the service with a quick turnaround time.

You'll get charged a small diagnostic fee and the option to have it repaired.

They'll probably send a refurbished aircraft or a discount on a new one.

Or if you want to repair it yourself, search YouTube for tear down videos that will show you how to take it apart and back together.

Parts may be available on the web with a Google search.

Good luck. 👍

DJI service is very good and not really expensive at all.
I would say that you are probably looking at around $400.00 thats just from pricing refurbished units they sell.
The gambles can be purchased online for $250.00
The "Arm" w/motor will cost you $50 bucks and you will need to desolder and solder on the new one.
To fix it yourself will save you some upfront cash and you might consider that BUT for about 100 bucks more you will get a warranted repair ( in the form of a refurbished drone of course).

Reactions: Dronecation
DJI service is very good and not really expensive at all.
I would say that you are probably looking at around $400.00 thats just from pricing refurbished units they sell.
The gambles can be purchased online for $250.00
The "Arm" w/motor will cost you $50 bucks and you will need to desolder and solder on the new one.
To fix it yourself will save you some upfront cash and you might consider that BUT for about 100 bucks more you will get a warranted repair ( in the form of a refurbished drone of course).
Yeah at that price it becomes a parts drone.

Oh no, that sounds like quite an unexpected adventure for your Mini 3 combo! It's great that you were thinking of keeping it for spare parts. As for the repair costs, it might be a good idea to reach out to a DJI or professional drone repair service to get an estimate. Depending on the extent of the damage, they could provide a better idea. Best of luck getting your drone sorted out! 🛠️🚁

I've heard DIY camera replacement has not been possible for some time, because the camera needs to be "paired" or something with the drone by tools only DJI has at the factory.

I don't know this definitively, and I can say I replaced a camera module on my P3 successfully, but that was like 7 years ago.

I basically bought it for parts and the batteries. The rep is too much for me, when I was young it wouldn’t have been an issue but now I don’t have the patience.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15