DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone mounted a Trackimo on the DJI Mavic Pro yet?

I mounted mine on top of the battery. It works great. I Used the Velcro tabs that come with the EZ-Pass. They stick easily, hold tight but also remove without leaving a mark. I have 4 batteries so I used 4 strips and cut them in half. 1 piece cut in half per battery. Then 1 piece cut in half for the tracker attached to the backing that has the clip.

29bd90f6039f56cd8e3a9e8c00b2771d.jpg

fe63b8d2943c852bc1ea34e8369d388c.jpg
200c10dbdfc6c4fee3fa6cddeeea6e10.jpg

a fly away with a Parrot AR Drone.
271 flights on DJI and I have never been close to a fly-away... I've had some near give-aways... but a complete system failure nope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: willhay555
You guys might be interested in this. I just ordered one from him and the quality looks great.

You can contact him at [email protected]

Sent from my SM-G930P using MavicPilots mobile app
I got my Trackimo mount the other day delivered but the Trackimo wont fit in the snap housing?

From the video it was actualy designed for this:

Real-time worlds smallest GPS tracking device google maps personal tracking hidden mini portable android gps tracker for sale – Personal Gps Tracker manufacturer from china (101654078).

and not the Trackimo. I was very disappointed because I realy love the design.

Last edited:
You guys might be interested in this. I just ordered one from him and the quality looks great.

You can contact him at [email protected]

Sent from my SM-G930P using MavicPilots mobile app
I ordered and received my Trackimo mount but it dost fit in the housing. From the video it looks like a deferent device is mounted in it and not a Trackimo. The image Below is what a Trackimo should look like.

Attachments

• trackimo-gps-tracker-1-skyboss-drones_1024x1024.jpg
    trackimo-gps-tracker-1-skyboss-drones_1024x1024.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 55
There are 2 versions of that mount and you apparently ordered the rf-v16 version instead of specifying the TRACKIMO version like the instructions say

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: willhay555
I mounted mine on top of the battery. It works great. I Used the Velcro tabs that come with the EZ-Pass. They stick easily, hold tight but also remove without leaving a mark. I have 4 batteries so I used 4 strips and cut them in half. 1 piece cut in half per battery. Then 1 piece cut in half for the tracker attached to the backing that has the clip.

29bd90f6039f56cd8e3a9e8c00b2771d.jpg

fe63b8d2943c852bc1ea34e8369d388c.jpg
200c10dbdfc6c4fee3fa6cddeeea6e10.jpg

Ingenious. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have one for my Trackimo and it fits in perfectly. Used it a few times now and it is very secure and doesn't interfere with anything. Can recommend.

Reactions: Soundtekk
There are 2 versions of that mount and you apparently ordered the rf-v16 version instead of specifying the TRACKIMO version like the instructions say

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots[/QUOTE
No I specified in the order Trackimo and not rf-v16 I can forward the e-mail for the order

View media item 1278View media item 1277
Will

Just received my mini GPS & BD tracker. Made a draft installation on the back of my Mavic so that it won't affect the aerodynamics of the drone.

Wayne

photo.php

f79acec9-2cb6-4943-bd08-2871e3e4b84b
f79acec9-2cb6-4943-bd08-2871e3e4b84b

d4296fc7-6627-4842-99fd-582fdff9a82a

ff3fb09f-7c4a-4fdc-ab1e-52e7c0140e55

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
[/QUOTE]

Just remember, trackimo is excellent but only works if you have cellphone signal to the spot where your Mavic is lying. If you're up in the mountains or anywhere rural, that may be an issue and without signal, there is no way to place where the trackimo is.

Because I have poor signal all around where I live, GPS trackers are useless, so I used an RF tracker; the Loc8tor. Home | World's Best Finders & GPS Trackers SImilar to the concept of the Marco Polo, but way smaller and doesn't need charging every few weeks...

And for thiose wondering why you might want a GPS tracker on top of the Mavic's GPS, if you suffer a disconnect then your controller will have no idea where your Mavic is, as it won't be getting the GPS coordinates.
If my Mavic had had a GPS tracker when I lost it over Dover, I would have been able to locate it precisely and easily. So I tested out the Loc8tor to see its range and decided it was the right tracker for me....

Cheers
Ian

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope