DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone try this tablet holder?

I'm in the market on getting a tablet holder, which feels endless. I figure that I will ask my question on this thread instead of starting a new one. My question is: Once I get the holder what are the correct cables that I will need to buy to hook it up to the controller, both for Ipad and Android device? Link to the product on Amazon or Ebay or whatever would be great. Last thing I want to do is purchase the wrong cable.
Any android or lighting cable will work. USB on the bottom of the controller into your tablet.

Reactions: Fazerin
Finally received the tablet holder today...

PGY 7-10 Pad Mobile Phone Holder Aluminum Flat Bracket for DJI Mavic Pro Drone | eBay

Looks like it will work great. Enough room for my hands under the tablet, and I really like the way it folds up flat for storage. It also came with a soft drawstring bag.

Have you received it yet? I have the mavmount which is awesome but I am looking for something that is a little more portable for when I take my drone on my motorcycle. This one really interests me for that purpose because it appears to fold completely flat? Is that correct?

The arm doesn't tilt, but the holder does since it's on a ball joint. It'll definitely block the view of the remote controller screen. That shouldn't be a deal-breaker though for those who never use that screen. I'm suspecting most people don't use it.

The RC screen is one of the most important features - if you lose signal to your phone, the RC can get you out of trouble! I've ordered an iPad holder that doesn't block the screen, that I look forward to. It sits just above the RC so a bit like a Phantom controller - about £40 inc delivery (from Israel). Blocking the screen could leave you flying blind.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

The RC screen is one of the most important features - if you lose signal to your phone, the RC can get you out of trouble!

How does the RC screen help? Does it display different info than usual stuff (no one looks at) when/if the app drops out?
Blocking the screen could leave you flying blind.

What info is that screen displaying that's going to stop you from "flying blind"?

I can see the RC screen with my Skytreat but don't see a need to do so.

How does the RC screen help? Does it display different info than usual stuff (no one looks at) when/if the app drops out?
What info is that screen displaying that's going to stop you from "flying blind"?

I can see the RC screen with my Skytreat but don't see a need to do so.
What info is the screen displaying? Well, just useless stuff like height, distance, number of satellites, battery info - you know, all the stuff that no one looks at....... I must admit, if I lose info in the app as it's crashed, I just try to 'guess' all this info, I never bother to look at my remote screen......(rolls eyes in exasperation...)

Just got mine today and tried it with my small and large iPads. They both cover the controller screen, but that's not a deal breaker to me. Being able to use the larger screens is a big advantage. I don't fly with my iPhone 7+ because I miss so much on the small screen. The construction and quality is very good and it comes with a hole for lanyards and harnesses.

(rolls eyes in exasperation...)
And the Tony Award goes to ... :D Sorry you're so exasperated but I don't understand why.
What info is the screen displaying? Well, just useless stuff like height, distance, number of satellites, battery info - you know, all the stuff that no one looks at....... I must admit, if I lose info in the app as it's crashed, I just try to 'guess' all this info, I never bother to look at my remote screen
He said that being able to see the screen prevents you from "flying blind". It doesn't seem to me that you've ever flown "blind", or under a "hood" (to prevent you from seeing anything but your instruments - in this case the RC screen) so try my suggestion with another trained pilot standing by who's ready to take over (or at least a spotter).

Fly your Mavic with just the remote. Take it out a fair distance, stop looking at anything but the RC screen to mimic a cell/tablet failure. Now change the heading once or twice and fly it until you forget it's last orientation. You "might" be able to vector back to you based on the distance reading but that's it. Yes, in a completely flat, very large empty space w/ an unlimited amount of time (maybe that's why you mentioned battery display?) you should be able to find your way home but lets stick with the real world constraints.

Height? So you know that altitude reported which may be helpful if you know the height of all obstacles in your vicinity. Without that knowledge altitude doesn't help you avoid flying blind, though it may help you know where to look for the Mavic so you can steer it home. But, if you can see the Mavic that's not flying blind.

You cited the screen displays the # of satellites acquired - how does that help you avoid flying blind? They're not giving you position reports w/o the app. They should help w/ RTH but that's using a button, not the screen.

The RC screen does give basic info that can be useful but there's no where near enough info to avoid flying blind. We do have OA but that's nowhere near perfect.

I have a nice tablet holder that has a suction cup on it. Stuck a CD case in my controller where the phone would go... stuck the suction cup to the CD case... went flying. Works like a dream and there are hundreds of very inexpensive suction cup windshield mounts out there for tablets.

Happy Flying :)

Reactions: MurMan

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe