DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple (IOS) v Android

Ritchie1268

Reactions
I still cannot believe why so many people compare IOS with Android!

I, for so many years had Apple IPhones, until I got so very fed up with having to buy countless charging cables for my iPhone that would last, at the very most 2 months before I had to buy yet another expensive cable to charge my iPhone!
Then, after 12 months the battery was completely useless having to charge it at least 3 times daily to last throughout the day. And yes I did follow apples instructions on how best to charge your iPhone battery!

After finally having enough of being ripped off by Apple for 4yrs, not only buying at least 6 cables to charge my phone every year but, also being charged for almost every single iOS app.

I took the plunge around 4yrs ago and swapped to a Samsung android phone & have never ever regretted one day since!!

Not only am I only on the second charging cable in 4yrs, (I could've easily bought 2 new phones with what I would've spent on charging cables with an iphone) but, almost every android app is totally free!!!
My 2 Daughters; one had the same idea as me after having an iPhone for years, has now swapped to android & said it was the best desicion she's ever made.
My younger daughter who still has an iPhone keeps getting calls from numbers she doesn't recognise!!
I told her of an app I have on my android phone that is FREE for me!! That blocks dodgy numbers ringing you in the 1st place!
I showed her the app & she went to download it off the app store. And what was absolutely free for me after downloading it 4yrs ago, would cost her £1.79 per month!!!!
Absolutely unbelievable Rip off!

So, anyone with an iPhone, as i was for years who is now totally sick of not only, battery not lasting a full day without constantly charging!! But also,
Charging Cable being replaced every 2 months as no longer charges!! And the
App store charging you & ripping you off for the exact same apps on android that are TOTALLY FREE!!!!

Change to an Android phone, I promise you, you will not regret it & will Never go back to an iPhone ever again!!!

Signed:
A converted thankful EX - iPhone, Now very greatful & VERY HAPPY android user!!!

I feel your pain, but your rant has no real useful information. You can't simply switch to an Android device without understanding how the hardware works with the OS and then make an educated decision of function vs performance especially if you are expecting a 1 to 1 swap of app specific functionally. FilmicPro is a perfect example of this. Samsung phones are missing functionality that LG phones have and neither is as functional with the app as Apple iOS is.

Reactions: Ifti
It was just a rant. I have no problem with Android (except for awful security). I don't find myself having to buy replacement cables. A high end iPhone costs about the same as a high end Android phone. I do find my iPhone is far more reliable with my Mavic then several friends experience with Android. No one forces you to buy apps, but even most Android supporters agree that iOS versions of the apps are more stable and have more features. About half the apps on my iPhone were free, so no complaints there. You are making emotional, rather than rational arguments.

I'm verry sorry if you feel it's pain I'm suffering as it isn't Pain, it's pure joy having woke up!!!

I'm purely stating I've had many apple phones using iOS & having had many apple phones, after 1yr being useless unless you buy a brand new battery & several charging cables i had enough throwing money away etc!!

I then took the plunge & reverted to android & in my opinion, android blows Apple out the water in every single way! (Just my opinion)
This is my experience & only my opinion.
You don't have to agree with it, I don' care to be honest!
I just know I made the right desicion after years of having iPhones, I just wish I had changed to android years sooner as i would've saved so very much money & had a much higher quality product also.

Again, just my opinion, of which, I will never go back to an iPhone!!!
Been there, got the T-shirt, don't like it, costs way too much when you can get the same on android absolutely free!!!
Thank you! I'm happy. End of!

It was just a rant. I have no problem with Android (except for awful security). I don't find myself having to buy replacement cables. A high end iPhone costs about the same as a high end Android phone. I do find my iPhone is far more reliable with my Mavic then several friends experience with Android. No one forces you to buy apps, but even most Android supporters agree that iOS versions of the apps are more stable and have more features. About half the apps on my iPhone were free, so no complaints there. You are making emotional, rather than rational arguments.

I'm sorry you feel it was a rant, it wasn't!!

I just don't get it with you people that, if Apple or Android put their prices upto many thousands you would still pay it, just to have the latest handset!!!

That's all im saying, it's not an emotional rant at all.
All I'm saying is, I've had iPhones in the past. After 12 months the battery is useless, I've gone through endless cables as they're so very prone to failing & most of the apps I had to pay for!!! That's all im saying, nothing emotional, no ranting, nothing more, nothing less!!! Just someone who has experienced & tried both sides & it's only my opinion, take it or leave it!!
I was so sick & tired of all of the above, that i was even prepared to lose the apps I had paid for as i was so sick & tired of what I've mentioned above! Hence switching to android, and it is (In my opinion the best desicion I've ever made)
You don' have to agree with me that's fine, I don' really care!!
Im just happy I swapped to android & I'll never go back! That is all im saying!!

If you are happy with your iPhones which both of you obviously have then that is fine also, I'm very happy for you Both!
All I'm saying is, I had 4yrs with several iPhones & I wasn't happy, I swapped to an android phone & it by far out-performed every single iPhone I had ever used in every single way due to what I've mentioned!! And for those reasons i will never have an iphone over an android phone ever Again, that is all!!

Enjoy your iPhones

I'm sorry you feel it was a rant, it wasn't!!

I just don't get it with you people that, if Apple or Android put their prices upto many thousands you would still pay it, just to have the latest handset!!!

That's all im saying, it's not an emotional rant at all.
All I'm saying is, I've had iPhones in the past. After 12 months the battery is useless, I've gone through endless cables as they're so very prone to failing & most of the apps I had to pay for!!! That's all im saying, nothing emotional, no ranting, nothing more, nothing less!!! Just someone who has experienced & tried both sides & it's only my opinion, take it or leave it!!
I was so sick & tired of all of the above, that i was even prepared to lose the apps I had paid for as i was so sick & tired of what I've mentioned above! Hence switching to android, and it is (In my opinion the best desicion I've ever made)
You don' have to agree with me that's fine, I don' really care!!
Im just happy I swapped to android & I'll never go back! That is all im saying!!

If you are happy with your iPhones which both of you obviously have then that is fine also, I'm very happy for you Both!
All I'm saying is, I had 4yrs with several iPhones & I wasn't happy, I swapped to an android phone & it by far out-performed every single iPhone I had ever used in every single way due to what I've mentioned!! And for those reasons i will never have an iphone over an android phone ever Again, that is all!!

Enjoy your iPhones

Maybe what you don't get is that your experience is not common to everyone. Not sure why you had so many problems with your iphones. I'm still using my 3 or 4 year old iphone 6+ with original battery , and still on original charging cable. No pain here. I swapped from Android. Works great with my Mavic. Won't go back. We all have our own stories. I get why you changed. Your experience was different from mine. Is it that hard for you to consider the same situation might be true for the many users who are happy with their iphones?

BTW, it sure seemed like a rant.

Reactions: Neebles
If you want an android phone with security, try BlackBerry. Yes they still make phones and now they are all running Android OS. Well, Actually TCL have the license to make the phones now under the BlackBerry branding and they are the most secure phone available. They still make a physical keyboard phone known as the BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ and have just released a full touch screen phone, the BlackBerry Motion.
As a writer for a popular BlackBerry fan site I have had iPhones and a few Android phones such as Samsung. In fact I currently have the Note 8 as my back up phone to my BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ .
While the current BlackBerry phones aren't high spec like iPhone or Samsung, they are more than capable of doing all the things that the others do at around half the price. And the security is top notch.
I could go on for hours about why BlackBerry phones are the best but I'm not here to sway anyone's decision. If you are looking for a secure phone with all the available apps at a great price, you can check them out at blackberrymobile.com
Our family has had all the iPhones going way back and yes, we have gone through thousands of cables as well (for a supposedly premium product, their cables are rubbish) and now most have converted to Samsung.
Most of my family aren't as concerned about security as I am and are happy using whatever. I choose BlackBerry as my daily driver and business phone purely for the quality and security

I still cannot believe why so many people compare IOS with Android!

I, for so many years had Apple IPhones, until I got so very fed up with having to buy countless charging cables for my iPhone that would last, at the very most 2 months before I had to buy yet another expensive cable to charge my iPhone!
Then, after 12 months the battery was completely useless having to charge it at least 3 times daily to last throughout the day. And yes I did follow apples instructions on how best to charge your iPhone battery!

After finally having enough of being ripped off by Apple for 4yrs, not only buying at least 6 cables to charge my phone every year but, also being charged for almost every single iOS app.

I took the plunge around 4yrs ago and swapped to a Samsung android phone & have never ever regretted one day since!!

Not only am I only on the second charging cable in 4yrs, (I could've easily bought 2 new phones with what I would've spent on charging cables with an iphone) but, almost every android app is totally free!!!
My 2 Daughters; one had the same idea as me after having an iPhone for years, has now swapped to android & said it was the best desicion she's ever made.
My younger daughter who still has an iPhone keeps getting calls from numbers she doesn't recognise!!
I told her of an app I have on my android phone that is FREE for me!! That blocks dodgy numbers ringing you in the 1st place!
I showed her the app & she went to download it off the app store. And what was absolutely free for me after downloading it 4yrs ago, would cost her £1.79 per month!!!!
Absolutely unbelievable Rip off!

So, anyone with an iPhone, as i was for years who is now totally sick of not only, battery not lasting a full day without constantly charging!! But also,
Charging Cable being replaced every 2 months as no longer charges!! And the
App store charging you & ripping you off for the exact same apps on android that are TOTALLY FREE!!!!

Change to an Android phone, I promise you, you will not regret it & will Never go back to an iPhone ever again!!!

Signed:
A converted thankful EX - iPhone, Now very greatful & VERY HAPPY android user!!!
I have had Apple decides for several years, never had to replace their cables, batteries nor have had any issue with them. Apple products are better designed, better hardware/software compatible. Apps are more stable and secure. If there are so bad, why are so many companies trying copy their design and look. If you want to just complain about apple, then you should be posting on the MacForum site > MacRumors Forums This site is for Mavic, not Mac discussion.

Besides, Apple devices and GO4 software has been much more stable with the Mavic than Android, with fewer problems reported here.

And I have to agree with the others, you are ranting. You need to get a life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifti
No thanks.

My wife still has her iPhone 5s, original cables, original battery, original charger and has no issues what so ever. She refuses to get a new phone because of how well hers is still working. I have never had to replace a cable, my daughter has never had to replace a cable. Apparently you have had some bad luck.

I’ll tell you one thing, I used android for my Mavic screen and it was rubbish. Back to iOS I went.

I haven't had any of the issues that you stated either with genuine Apple charge cords, I have bought a few aftermarket cables that were junk after a month or two though. I have a Mac, Ipads and Iphone 6 and X along with an Iwatch. It just works which is why i keep buying..

Reactions: low747pfe
I just don't get it with you people

Who you calling 'you people'? lol.

Seriously though, what are you doing to your charging cables to go through that many...that's crazy! And charging your iPhone 3 times a day? You must have a serious Angry Birds addiction or be frequenting some dodgy sites all day long! I've always had iPhones and the quality of them is far superior to even the high end Android phones...and that's before you get to the flaky Android o/s.

I get what you're saying about playstore vs appstore - but hell, I'd rather pay for the odd app compared to playstore if it means it's guaranteed to work and not be shutting itself down randomly from the time you install it.

Sadly I gave up my iPhone 6s plus when I got given a work phone to lug around as well and decided to go the dual sim route - got myself a Samsung Galaxy note 4 dual sim which was the best high end Android d/s I could get at the time..hated it from the beginning, flaky, falls over at least weekly but at least I don't have to carry 2 phones.

Still was able to carry on with my iPhone 6s plus as its now my dedicated Mavic screen - and guess what, it's never missed a beat, never disconnected and the battery lasts all 4 of my Mavic batteries when flying.

Happy days!

Reactions: low747pfe
I too have had to replace a few cables for iPhones in what seemed a short period of time but Walmart now has the USB to Lightning for under $7. And up.

They are the data/charging ones that work in the MP from the bottom of the remote control to the i device. The $7 are a little stiff but they work in the phone and iPad.

I've not had to ever replace a battery and some of my iPhones were more than a few years old.

I can't speak from first hand knowledge since I only have iPhone and iPad and not Android but from reading this forum it seems sometimes that the Mavic works better with the Apple stuff.

With 2 different systems it seems DJI had to pick one to at least START the compatibility process and for some reason chose Apple and then later caught up to the Android system.

Of course I could be wrong....

I have been Iphone since the iphone 4. Have a 4,5,6 and now a 7Plus.
ALL still work fine. 2 of the OEM lightning cables that came with the last 2 phones are still unused in their boxes. And I have only purchased one after market one for a longer length.
Android was developed to run on weak platforms like Raspberry Pi's, fire sticks and several childrens computing toys. IOS has been slimmed down from the Mac arena for use on the iphones. There are so many different releases of android how would anyone know what they have or dont have. Lets not even talk about device drivers. Probably why some android devices work with the Mavic, and others dont. Android devices were the start of "bloatware" there is no one policing app offerings so its a crapshoot what you are downloading with your "free" apps.
and then there is "rooting" in an attempt to clear enough crap off so it will run a LITTLE more like an Iphone.

Apple started touch screen, everything else is a copy.

Apple is the way to go with a DJI product. That has been proven time and time again.

I'd be a bit careful, or at least choosy, about switching to an Android. There seem to be some Android devices out there that don't work well with the Mavic / Controller / app system. I know because I have one, a BLU smartphone purchased for this use. Probably partly my fault for not researching better, but I still don't know what specification to look for.

I suppose this would also be true with an inadequate Apple device, but the subject performance with iPhones seems to be more of a known quantity. The BLU cannot deliver drone video to the screen in any usable fashion. My flight is therefore dependent on direct sight and on the map display, and it is dangerous to use the screen video. Also, one of the intelligent modes does not work at all, and suspicion now centers on the phone.

That said, I have spent no money on Apple charger cables because I still use my original iPhone 4, of about 2007 or so, and its charging cable. I can't even get a case for it anymore. It is too old for Mavic use.

For users of more modern Apple products, I am sure the cables and adapters are a very significant annoyance, and to me they seem to show poor judgement on the part of Apple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unc
For users of more modern Apple products, I am sure the cables and adapters are a very significant annoyance, and to me they seem to show poor judgement on the part of Apple.

How so? I have the 8 plus and still use the cable from my old 5s to charge. It’s no annoyance at all...I’m not sure how you inferred that the “cables and adapters are a very significant annoyance”. They have been using the same cables for years now. Not sure how it shows poor judgement either... I can use the lightning cable, which again has been standard on Apple products for years, or an inductive charger. Every apple product in my house (besides the laptop) can, and does, use the exact same cable. We keep a couple downstairs and a couple upstairs and whomever can grab one and use it on any of their devices.

here we go again.
you said you switched 4 years ago. still bitter about it? tech would have changed by now.
just because you had a particular experience, doesnt mean everyone had the same and should do what you do.
as was mention, this is an unhelpful post. nothing to do with Mavic. you just join this forum about drones, to bring up ios vs android issue in your first post?
i think admin needs to close this thread before it escalate to another drawn out debate.
everyone is free to use whichever platform gives them the best experience, and we just have to respect one another's choices.

Reactions: Clinton1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer