DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are school fields no fly zones???

thatguy0329

Reactions
I was in a very large field behind a school in my neighborhood and school was not in session due to winter recess not one person was in this field and a security guard for the school said drones are not aloud on school premises.. I left to avoid any hassles but i was wondering, is this a rule for all flying near any school or does it vary how each school wants to enforce it?

Sent from my LG-H820 using MavicPilots mobile app

I was in a very large field behind a school in my neighborhood and school was not in session due to winter recess not one person was in this field and a security guard for the school said drones are not aloud on school premises.. I left to avoid any hassles but i was wondering, is this a rule for all flying near any school or does it vary how each school wants to enforce it?

Sent from my LG-H820 using MavicPilots mobile app

Probably correct decision to move along. If it had ended with the situation escalating and ending up in your local paper, would you like to be associated with headline "after flying drone near school" and associated connotations? Papers don't print "while kids were on holiday".

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Where I work I have a big farmers fields Behind me I know the farmer well so pop out lunchtimes for a fly around. At the end off the field is a primary school and I keep well away from it even over the school holidays. Yep and I do work for the primary school.

In the U.K. generally school fields are not open to the public. There might be access but this wil be public footpath or permissive access but these are being removed as part of 'safeguarding'. Even local authority school grounds are not generally accessible and you'd be trespassing if flying from there. There is always scope to ask. You will need to prove that you have insurance, both public liability and property damage if you are given access.

Guardian Angel the uk flight app does class schools as sensitive area liable to raise security concerns.
DDD700D8-7DFA-4003-8A67-91050E0DA000_zpsmtanxk1t.png

If one flew over my school during school time I sure would inform the head and police.
By the way that's not my school.

If you are standing on their property they can enforce their rules on you (such as, you cannot carry a drone into school property). In the US, they can't tell you that you can't fly over the property and cannot tell you that you cannot film into a place where there is no expectation of privacy.

Reactions: N8JYF and Wingnutz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31