DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Arrival tomorrow Florida

will759227

Reactions
Tomorrow my mavic will arrive tomorrow. I live on a lake so I will be doing a lot of lake flying. I am terrified after reading all these random drownings and fly always which I had thought was fixed back after phantom 2s with a 1300$ investment I will be state farming it. But I am worried about water flying the most. Any tips on what my settings should be ? How close to the water can I get? 15 feet? Lift off will be higher altitude than the lake since it slopes down. I also want to use the drone to do fly by on my infinity pool. How close to the water is safe that it won't auto land?

I read a lot of topics. And I'm worried lol

Reactions: dirkclod
If this is your first drone, and especially your first flights with the Mavic, I would recommend taking it to a park or clear area before flying over water unless you want your first flight to end up as a State Farm total loss claim.

Flying over water, even fresh water, can limit the sensors abilities to determine ground level. Even with all sensors turned on, you might not get accurate altitude readings. When you do fly over water, try to keep it line of sight at first. When you are comfortable flying FPV, then keep it as high as you can over water. Even water spray getting into your Mavic could cause an electrical short and ruin your day.

Flyaways and random drownings are only a remote possibility with the Mavic. Check the poll in my signature.

Reactions: will759227
Just fly it for a couple days until your comfortable with all the features and have a little confidence that everything works as advertised. always set you loss of signal to "return to home" not "hover" or "land" for obvious reasons. Take it easy at first and you will learn what you can and cannot do.

clear.png
clear.png
Welcome to MavicPilots . :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member