DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ascent Fly away MIP

I've added FLY023.DAT to Dropbox. I think I picked the correct one.
This must not be the right flight. RTH wasn't selected and the max altitude is 126 feet. But, there was some major league toilet bowling
upload_2017-2-19_8-39-29.png

Strange, that image is not any of my flights. I don't recognize the location at all.
Ooops. CsvView caches the .csv it produces from the .DAT. That was someone else's FLY023.DAT that I looked at.
Anyway, yours looks like this.
upload_2017-2-19_8-52-54.png
upload_2017-2-19_8-56-17.png
This is the tail end of the flight. I suspect the .DAT we're after is FLY022.DAT; the one before this. The Mavic will stop recording the .DAT when it gets to 450 MB and start a new one.

I use CsvView to view this stuff. It can be downloaded here.

Ooops. CsvView caches the .csv it produces from the .DAT. That was someone else's FLY023.DAT that I looked at.
Anyway, yours looks like this.
View attachment 6647
View attachment 6648
This is the tail end of the flight. I suspect the .DAT we're after is FLY022.DAT; the one before this. The Mavic will stop recording the .DAT when it gets to 450 MB and start a new one.

I use CsvView to view this stuff. It can be downloaded here.
Ok, I'm loading FLY022.dat now, yes it's 450mb. I'll post when it's ready.

In the mean time, here is a list of all my flights. On the 18th, I only made two flights with the second one being the one in question, around 5:00pm

Attachments

• flight log.JPG
    flight log.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 13
Ok, FLY022.dat is now on Dropbox. ( I think I should have made it a Zip file first)

At time 1027 RTH was initiated by the pilot. In response the Mavic turned to a heading of -118 from -150 and the front sensor went from no value to 4 meters. Given that the time was 16:66 local it's probable that the sun caused the Mavic to think it had an obstacle in front of it.
upload_2017-2-19_11-54-54.png
upload_2017-2-19_11-55-1.png

The Mavic continued to climb trying to ascend above the "obstacle" until time 1214 when the smart battery system determined that the battery had reached 20%.

Thank you Bud for your great help in solving my 'mystery'. If you're ever in the KC area, a beverage of your choice is on me ;) I have learn some "do's and don't's" from this. Front OA sensors off in open areas!

One more question, do the logs show that I tried to cancelled RTH or was it the max altitude and low battery that triggered it to descend?

One more question, do the logs show that I tried to cancelled RTH or was it the max altitude and low battery that triggered it to descend?
The RTH was cancelled at 1209 and the low battery triggered the auto landing at 1214. The absolute max height (500 meters) was not a factor since the max altitude reached was 375 meters.
upload_2017-2-19_13-12-3.png

Reactions: Mavicsailor
Thank you Bud for your great help in solving my 'mystery'. If you're ever in the KC area, a beverage of your choice is on me ;) I have learn some "do's and don't's" from this. Front OA sensors off in open areas!
A quick way to turn off the front sensors is to switch to sports mode. My RC alarmed while flying into the sun the other day. The display showed an obstacle had been detected. I switched to sports mode to turn off the OA, then switched back to "slow mode" when the sun was no longer an issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23