DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australia's East Macdonnell Ranges

christangey

Reactions
Site
www.alicespringsfilmtv.com.au
These beautiful ranges, nicknamed the "East Macs" by locals, tell of a different time in Earth's history through its bent, twisted and tilted landscape.

Nice work Chris. In this case your long-duration shots are perfect as it gives an opportunity to take it all in.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Thanks Foxhall, yes I believe you should let a shot live as long as it deserves to. Editing shouldn't get in the way of the landscape experience I think!

Again I love your work. Just wish it did not have the water mark so large and right where a Lower third would go. Sorry, but I find it distracting.
Sorry Bushie, but it's the new way of things after I've found a couple of my shots being used commercially, I also no longer upload in 4K.

Great shots Chris and a lesson to everyone- keep the movements slow.

Slow tracking shots in expansive landscapes give the eye chance to look around.

We’re currently stuck in the UK after Qantas cancelled our flights home due to the pandemic. Hopefully back soon to continue our trips around our beautiful ancient country. In the meantime unusually good weather here and very green everywhere.

Great shots Chris and a lesson to everyone- keep the movements slow.

Slow tracking shots in expansive landscapes give the eye chance to look around.

We’re currently stuck in the UK after Qantas cancelled our flights home due to the pandemic. Hopefully back soon to continue our trips around our beautiful ancient country. In the meantime unusually good weather here and very green everywhere.
Well I wish you guys well SkyeHigh and if you pass through Alice on your travels give us a hoy!

Well I wish you guys well SkyeHigh and if you pass through Alice on your travels give us a hoy!

Will do!

I’ve made a couple of visits to Alice for work projects (Imparja) but never got the chance for a good explore.

We were about 75% into our Big Lap before a mad rush to the UK for a family illness and got caught in the lockdown.

WA was stunning but high winds for months meant little flying sadly. And of course most states (WA excluded) have a blanket ban on drones in National Parks. At least WA realises the promotion they get when people see what the state has to offer.

These beautiful ranges, nicknamed the "East Macs" by locals, tell of a different time in Earth's history through its bent, twisted and tilted landscape.

Wow, beautiful video! Great scenery and love the colors!

I heard Queensland allowed them too?

Queensland regulations require permission from National Park Managers either verbally or in writing. However, most parks we visited have signs stating if Drones are not allowed and usually in just the places you would have liked to fly.

Not too bad, but honestly my eyes kept getting distracted by the HUGE writing across the screen, so I stopped watching about half way through. I understand that you are proud of your work, and want everyone to know that you made it. But **** that's BIG, and right where its impossible to ignore, makes it very hard to enjoy the scenery.

Reactions: christangey
Not too bad, but honestly my eyes kept getting distracted by the HUGE writing across the screen, so I stopped watching about half way through. I understand that you are proud of your work, and want everyone to know that you made it. But **** that's BIG, and right where its impossible to ignore, makes it very hard to enjoy the scenery.

Actually I've been famous in the past for being stupid in NOT having any watermark on my footage. The writing has nothing at all to do with being "proud of my work" but as somebody who does this for a living it is everything to do with protecting it from thieves, that is why I also no longer upload in 4K.

Actually I've been famous in the past for being stupid in NOT having any watermark on my footage. The writing has nothing at all to do with being "proud of my work" but as somebody who does this for a living it is everything to do with protecting it from thieves, that is why I also no longer upload in 4K.

Understandable from your point, just being honest, that it ruined the experience for me.

Sorry Bushie, but it's the new way of things after I've found a couple of my shots being used commercially, I also no longer upload in 4K.
Chris, so I don’t fall into the same trap, can you please share the details of how that happened?

It’s weird that a commercial operator would risk falling afoul of copyright laws by stealing your footage, especially if the version they stole was a highly compressed version from Vimeo (or similar).

Chris, so I don’t fall into the same trap, can you please share the details of how that happened?

It’s weird that a commercial operator would risk falling afoul of copyright laws by stealing your footage, especially if the version they stole was a highly compressed version from Vimeo (or similar).
The vimeo versions I upload are in H265 10-bit with a relatively high bitrate so could easily be used by unscrupulous operators. The main bandits are people who make corporate productions that are intended for in-house use but not online. Of course, sometimes they are brought online later which gives them their grief!

The vimeo versions I upload are in H265 10-bit with a relatively high bitrate so could easily be used by unscrupulous operators. The main bandits are people who make corporate productions that are intended for in-house use but not online. Of course, sometimes they are brought online later which gives them their grief!
I just started used Vimeo. It’s weird that it allows users to download the video file.

It might be easier just to keep my videos off Vimeo altogether, as I don’t want them stolen. YouTube seems to get most of the traffic anyway, even if the compression and bitrate are trash.

I just started used Vimeo. It’s weird that it allows users to download the video file.

It might be easier just to keep my videos off Vimeo altogether, as I don’t want them stolen. YouTube seems to get most of the traffic anyway, even if the compression and bitrate are trash.

Actually Terry vimeo has its own issues with buffering, I can't believe I've been with them since 2009 and that hasn't been fixed! Vimeo supposedly only allows downloads if you allow it yourself in the settings, but people are pretty clever in getting around that these days. Youtube is the same, I've issued many channels DMCA notices to remove my content (especially my "fire tornado" vision) but usually somebody dumb enough to steal my IP doesn't listen to that. As a consequence youtube have removed not just my video from them but, on several occasions, entire channels for breaching my IP.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos