DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autel evo 2 vs Mavic 2 pro

Those details and sharpness on evo 2 looks great. If evo 2 pro can provide even better image quality then dji will have big problem if they wont release mavic 3 this year.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Those details and sharpness on evo 2 looks great. If evo 2 pro can provide even better image quality then dji will have big problem if they wont release mavic 3 this year.
Autel will never be a threat to DJI, no matter what they produce. DJI's worldwide market share is 70%, while Autel's is 1%. Hypothetically, assuming all other camera specs were the same, OcuSync 2.0 for the win. EVO 2's Wifi will never live up to the claimed range hype, while OcuSync 2.0 has proven stability to over 5 miles, even in heavily urban areas. EVO 1 claims 3 miles, but only delivers 1.5 miles before FPV signal drops out. EVO 2 has been worse, in early range tests!

Autel will never be a threat to DJI, no matter what they produce. DJI's worldwide market share is 70%, while Autel's is 1%. Hypothetically, assuming all other camera specs were the same, OcuSync 2.0 for the win. EVO 2's Wifi will never live up to the claimed range hype, while OcuSync 2.0 has proven stability to over 5 miles, even in heavily urban areas. EVO 1 claims 3 miles, but only delivers 1.5 miles before FPV signal drops out. EVO 2 has been worse, in early range tests!
Here in Poland where i live i cant get even 1 mile in heavily urban areas with mavic 2 pro. So stability over 5 miles in those conditions is just next fairy tales:) Nice try bro, nice try.

Reactions: charliesRig
Here in Poland where i live i cant get even 1 mile in heavily urban areas with mavic 2 pro. So stability over 5 miles in those conditions is just next fairy tales:) Nice try bro, nice try.
FCC vs. CE. You are crippled under CE regs in Europe. To get 5 mile FCC range in Europe with clear LOS, try NLD on older M2P FW.
13163B79-6DB3-4DDE-9B92-DCADE54DE185.jpeg

Last edited:

I'm sure Blockbuster video thought the same thing about NetFlix. Another example is Yahoo, they controlled the search-engine game, where are they now? I'm not saying Autel will dethrone DJI but dominating the market today doesn't guarantee what will happen in the future.

I'm sure Blockbuster video thought the same thing about NetFlix. Another example is Yahoo, they controlled the search-engine game, where are they now? I'm not saying Autel will dethrone DJI but dominating the market today doesn't guarantee what will happen in the future.
Also,a strong plus to the Autel is the lack if NFZ's.A definite plus in my mind.

Well u are in "ce"land my friend....and this is why....if u were in fcc land then yes what gadgetguy says is quite true!

Also,a strong plus to the Autel is the lack if NFZ's.A definite plus in my mind.
That is a myth. Autel already has all types of NFZ's installed, and will warn you constantly, blocking your FPV whenever you are in any such warning zone. They currently don't prohibit flight, but they can be activated at any time, and will make you wish for a GEO unlock that clears the screen, so you can actually see where you are flying!

The point remains the same though, the Occusync connection is better than the wifi connection so if you're getting poor range with the M2P it would likely be worse with the Mini or Air. Looking at the Mavic Air 2 threads one of the most desirable upgrades is the change to Occusync and you can see especially with the Mini the range can be very short in congested areas. I don't fly my Mavic 2 Pro far but I'm still grateful for its Occusync connection which worked noticeably better alongside the wifi Spark.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
The point remains the same though, the Occusync connection is better than the wifi connection so if you're getting poor range with the M2P it would likely be worse with the Mini or Air. Looking at the Mavic Air 2 threads one of the most desirable upgrades is the change to Occusync and you can see especially with the Mini the range can be very short in congested areas. I don't fly my Mavic 2 Pro far but I'm still grateful for its Occusync connection which worked noticeably better alongside the wifi Spark.
To be clear, both M2 and MA2 are actually OcuSync 2, which is far better than the original OcuSync on the P4P, and leaps and bounds better than wifi!

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
That is a myth. Autel already has all types of NFZ's installed, and will warn you constantly, blocking your FPV whenever you are in any such warning zone. They currently don't prohibit flight, but they can be activated at any time, and will make you wish for a GEO unlock that clears the screen, so you can actually see where you are flying!
After speaking with a couple of freinds this is true that Autel warns you.About ACTUAL no fly zones.Snd it gives them the choice.They have never run into a problem of not being able to fly or being warned not to fly in a wrongfully PERCEIVED no fly zone.I cannot say that about my Mavic 2 pro .On a couple of occasions I have been unable to proceed with a flight in the middle of nowhere and with no "zones" within 60 miles of my flights...very aggravating .This makes Autel my preferred platform should camera quality and flight time be comparable.

Reactions: mintakax
After speaking with a couple of freinds this is true that Autel warns you.About ACTUAL no fly zones.Snd it gives them the choice.They have never run into a problem of not being able to fly or being warned not to fly in a wrongfully PERCEIVED no fly zone.I cannot say that about my Mavic 2 pro .On a couple of occasions I have been unable to proceed with a flight in the middle of nowhere and with no "zones" within 60 miles of my flights...very aggravating .This makes Autel my preferred platform should camera quality and flight time be comparable.

Yep !

So now you know the NFZ's and height limits ARE already present on all Autel aircraft. If you like flying with an obstructed FPV, you will like Autel! The warnings cannot be removed from the screen, and they are not only in actual NFZ's. I have 1 year Custom Unlocks from DJI for every area I need to fly outside of NFZ's but in Authorization Zones, where the Autel screen is obstructed. I can actually see where I am flying on my M2P and M2Z. DJI got it right.

You bet!
No problem with height restrictions OR no fly zones.Real ones that is . The false ones are a problem when my Autel freinds want to know why I am still on the ground.I would gladly take an obstructed view if I could leave the ground.I should not have to worry about unlock codes,etc.in areas that do not apply.I really wish DJI could get this right as the Mavic 2pro excels at what it does when it is able to do it.If it is given the opportunity to do it.
Anyone up for an EvoMav 3 Ultimate 6k 1"sensor Pro ??

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT