DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backpack, bag, or case for mavic pro?

Ok, this is what I was looking for.

So I received my Mavic on Tuesday morning at 0921 hrs. Awesome and happy. The, not case, that it came in is advertising too much for me. I needed something to put it in that would protect it and not bring attention to it.... while I give it time to wait for the bag pros out there to create a bag I like.

IGLOO LUNCH BAGS.... they are the right size and provide protection. Climate controlled. And still room to pack a sandwich and drink. Side pockets can fit 2 batteries on each side and are also padded.

So if you are in a hurry and didn't order the combo pack like I didn't, this is a quick solution for 8 bucks. I was surprised it fit the way it did.

Just a little something...

Attachments

• 1477577910309990491128.jpg
    1477577910309990491128.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 232
Ok, this is what I was looking for.

So I received my Mavic on Tuesday morning at 0921 hrs. Awesome and happy. The, not case, that it came in is advertising too much for me. I needed something to put it in that would protect it and not bring attention to it.... while I give it time to wait for the bag pros out there to create a bag I like.

IGLOO LUNCH BAGS.... they are the right size and provide protection. Climate controlled. And still room to pack a sandwich and drink. Side pockets can fit 2 batteries on each side and are also padded.

So if you are in a hurry and didn't order the combo pack like I didn't, this is a quick solution for 8 bucks. I was surprised it fit the way it did.

Just a little something...
Where did you buy this?

Black ape case:
just my soon-to-be-sold P3/4K and accessories

Roots travel camera bag:
- mavic
- remote controller
- a6000 with 18-70mm zoom
- 19mm prime lens tucked away
- travel docs etc.

Life is good :)

Attachments

• IMG_20161027_195830.jpg
    IMG_20161027_195830.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_20161027_200015.jpg
    IMG_20161027_200015.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 178
I also use this one when I only need lenses (our main video camera is a Blackmagic Cinema w/ EF mount). If my free bag from DJI (Fly More) isnt up to snuff, I will re-arrange it to fit the Mavic. I would not buy it for the Mavic, but considering I have one already... I do not believe it is made any longer. One thing I like is it could be used as a belt pouch, or with a shoulder strap.

https://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Road...0000AE6C6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

51WWP4EFSAL.jpg

I also use this one when I only need lenses (our main video camera is a Blackmagic Cinema w/ EF mount). If my free bag from DJI (Fly More) isnt up to snuff, I will re-arrange it to fit the Mavic. I would not buy it for the Mavic, but considering I have one already... I do not believe it is made any longer. One thing I like is it could be used as a belt pouch, or with a shoulder strap.

https://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Road...0000AE6C6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

51WWP4EFSAL.jpg

Ya, I can't bring myself to buy another bag with the mavic in mind.. i already get too much heat from my lady on how many bags i have for all my activities.. besides, the roots bag is somewhat low-profile, whereas something camera or electronic branded just screams rob me, imo.

also, there was so much room in the bag, i had to fill it with an extra lens so the controller wasn't sloshing around.. i could easily fit another prime in there. also, best part: the whole load-out is so LIGHT!!

tl;dr --> reduce, reuse, recycle.

I've been searching on Amazon for a good backpack for my Mavic pro. So far I've been looking at DSLR camera backpacks with customizable dividers. What are you guys going to use?

honestly just go to a walmart and find a nice camera bag for a few dollars...i mean seriously i've looked at plenty that would fit it perfectly along with batteries and everything else u would need...doesn't have to be fancy

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I was just looking for a basic padded case that I could put in my backpack or luggage and found this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M19NCJJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think it will hold the drone, and the controller perfectly.
I'll let you know how it works when I get it in two days...
Could be just the thing for my upcoming trip to Hawaii.

Update: I got the camera bag, at it fits the Mavic perfectly.
IMG_20161110_1969_zpscnwmuyey.jpg

There is also enough room for the controller, and perhaps an extra battery.
IMG_20161110_46901_zps1pixjwjp.jpg

For $13, I think this is a good way to protect your Mavic if you just want to put it in your backpack or luggage.

Q~

Last edited:
honestly just go to a walmart and find a nice camera bag for a few dollars...i mean seriously i've looked at plenty that would fit it perfectly along with batteries and everything else u would need...doesn't have to be fancy

My local Walmart doesn't stock any camera bags large enough to fit the Mavic.

My local Walmart doesn't stock any camera bags large enough to fit the Mavic.

yeah i was thinking about that. i haven't checked my walmart but i figured they might have something. i know amazon probably has some nice bags that would work well with it, just get the dimensions from the mavic and compare it to dimensions of bags on amazon. i definitely want something to carry mine in and i don't want to use the box it comes with. i really like the bag DJI made for it but it's so over priced it's ridiculous.

I ordered this one because I wanted something that I could carry in addition to a backpack if I needed to.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0094GLESS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Something small but still roomy. It will get here way before my Mavic. I still have no knowledge of where that is... Out in the darkness and void of Amazon... :oops:

i like that bag. looks like the packs we used in the marines. it has all those loops on the outside for attaching things to it. i might consider that one myself, and i like the olive drab color, reminds me of the world war 2 olive drab uniforms. i'm watching band of brothers now, that's why it reminded me of that.

i like that bag. looks like the packs we used in the marines. it has all those loops on the outside for attaching things to it. i might consider that one myself, and i like the olive drab color, reminds me of the world war 2 olive drab uniforms. i'm watching band of brothers now, that's why it reminded me of that.

Should be arriving today. I'll post thoughts. Don't know yet on the MP. Ordered on Oct 2nd so I must be getting close....

Reactions: devinrhall
Should be arriving today. I'll post thoughts. Don't know yet on the MP. Ordered on Oct 2nd so I must be getting close....

when you get it if you wouldn't mind taking some pictures maybe comparing its size to something. let me know how well you think it will hold the mavic and accessories. glad you posted that bag i like it.

Reactions: Dronebow
when you get it if you wouldn't mind taking some pictures maybe comparing its size to something. let me know how well you think it will hold the mavic and accessories. glad you posted that bag i like it.

Here is a review I found helpful too.

that one isn't too bad but the one Dronebow linked is very rugged. our packs in the marines were actually made from the same type of material and we called them molly packs. they last forever, i mean they're hard to to mess up even if you try to mess it up. i never thought of getting a small molly pack for a drone until he posted it, and ill tell you from experience those type of bags are tried and true and they can outlive the person who buys it lol.

I really like the Polar Pro case for the Mavic pro bundle.. sadly I wrote to them for a shipping quote and they never replied so I am now contemplating on getting the Nanuk 910 or 915 from hardcases.ca

I received a reply but shipping is pretty high to canada so I will end up with the Nanuk

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4