DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery life maintenance

Thumper

Reactions
What's a good rule of thumb when it comes to battery life care for the Drone and the remote.

Do you all use the drone and RC to a certain percentage before you charge it again?

Do you do full drains once a month?

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I maintain the aircraft batteries like this and only fully charge the remote controller when the battery is low.

Anybody have a bad battery situation? Three batts, number 3 shows up charged on controller and its lights indicate full charge, but when trying to start mavic, controller shows message " low voltage" and will not start . Other batteries work fine. First time using no 3.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I maintain the aircraft batteries like this and only fully charge the remote controller when the battery is low.
Is that best practice with the controller seeming as it is has a LiPo in it as well?

EDIT: I do appreciate that the discharge is not as aggressive as in the bird of course but it can still go down pretty quickly if charging a droid phone.

Last edited:
DJI firmware for the batteries in remote and bird will not let it get too low. When it reaches 20% actual it will shut down. Not like the lipo packs on home built quads where you can run them down to nothing and cause damage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: halley
Is that best practice with the controller seeming as it is has a LiPo in it as well?
DJI offers no advice on how to maintain the battery in the Mavic remote controller (or their other remote controllers). I'm going to maintain mine by only fully charging it when it's low (or before I fly). That's how I've always maintained my other DJI remote controllers and I've never had a problem with any of them.

DJI offers no advice on how to maintain the battery in the Mavic remote controller (or their other remote controllers). I'm going to maintain mine by only fully charging it when it's low (or before I fly). That's how I've always maintained my other DJI remote controllers and I've never had a problem with any of them.
You should charge any lipo battery the same even if its the controller. I'd suggest leaving controller sitting at 40% if unused for a week and just fully charge it when you use it or once a month

fully charge it when you use it or once a month
So, you're going to fully charge it once per month and let it sit fully charged instead of at 40% as you recommended?

Reactions: Eyeinthesky33
So, you're going to fully charge it once per month and let it sit fully charged instead of at 40% as you recommended?
No meant power cycle.. fully charge once a month and drain it down to a 40% charge. Probably going to use this thing every month though haha!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes