DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Terminal Covers for planes

Flew Fl to Ca yesterday. Three fully charged batteries stored inside DJI Fly More bag with Mavic, RC and iPad mini - Not a glance by TSA. Almost was hoping they'd ask so I could show it off.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Why fully charged, had they looked and one was smart enough to check, they could have denied you permission to bring them on board. It would have been near impossible to get them below 50% by flight time.

Can you reference the 50% requirement for carry on luggage? I don't discharge my iPhone or lap top batteries to 50%.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Can you reference the 50% requirement for carry on luggage?
There is no such requirement. You can see what the FAA requires here.

I got some of the 3d covers ... they are very well made IMO

66604df58b51c9c516b220e601a84821.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

There is no such requirement. You can see what the FAA requires here.
I did state that I could not find a requirement either, but TSA agents have mentioned twice to me that it was good the batteries were less than 50%, and one other time he didn't even open the case, go figure. They are paranoid after both the hover board and Samsung incidents I guess.

I want these but seems expensive for what it is. Im sure someone will come up with a cheap 3d printable version soon.

Yes the delivery charges as well are outrageous. 15 dollars for a 15 dollars product no thanks :/

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

At Dulles airport in Virginia, I checked through security with Mavic + 4 batteries without any hassle after they examined them.
I just had them packed in individual ziplock bag in my carry on bag. They looked at each bag then okay-ed them right through last month on two different trips.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Did you have them charged up all the way?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky