DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beautiful Sunrise + relaxing music | watch, relax, and enjoy!!!

Hello and thank you for the lovely images.

I was deeply impressed with may elements of your beautiful video. Your choice of music was superb. Your movements of the aircraft and camera were smooth and complimented the tranquil soundtrack. Your images were diverse enough to offer variety in telling several aspects of your story. Your transitions between those elements, or shots, were perfect for the mood, setting and music you chose, for the most part.

In my humble opinion, you may want to consider making some changes to the editing to bring even more effect out of your story telling.

1. A few of the transitions seemed to start as a 'still' shot, then suddenly start to move, while a few others ended the same way -- moving, then stopping before the fade to the next shot. (and there was one transition where an 'in-between shot' appears in the transition for a brief moment. These 'inconsistent' transitions seemed to throw off the rhythm of the story telling (also a disagreement with the pace of the music), which caused in me some uneasiness, or alarm, so much so, that I was not able to settle into the peaceful mood you were working so hard to create. This is most likely NOT due to your intention, rather than some adjustment you could make with your transitions on your timeline to eliminate the locked or still frames that occur when your shot has ended BEFORE the transition is complete. This is an easy fix by tweaking the transition to several frames earlier/later to avoid the jump cut your files provided your editing software.

2. If your music has a climatic, or at least 'resolved' ending, you might consider timing the end of the music with the end of your video timeline so both image and music end at the same time.

3. To give your story a beginning, middle and ending, consider starting out the video with the foggy, brighter sequences, further inland, and slowly bring in the later evening shots, increasingly adding the water shots, and Ending on the sequence that you had, near the beginning, of that Beautiful, Fiery Pink SUNSET -- THAT is your climax, at least to my way of thinking. Imagine that as your last shot with the music coming to its climax at the same time.

I hope I am not sounding too 'picky', but rather giving you some specific feedback to take a REALLY good video and make it GREAT! Continued good luck on your work -- I think you have a wonderful eye, a steady hand and a fantastic vision. If you decide to take another stab at it, please let me know. I would LOVE to see 'version 2'.

Best,
Len

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661