DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginner Fly Area

kvhung

Reactions
Hi, All

I live in Pasadena area and want to find a safe and open space to do some beginner flight. Can anyone suggest any place? I am very much appreciated.

Load Google Earth. Then put in your location . Then from there just zoom out from your area and move mouse around . You will see large open spaces at some point. Zoom in on them and Google Earth typically has the name of the park or location. Even big parking areas /lots after hours "may" be acceptable. Best to check B4UFLY app and airspace.io

Reactions: halley
Gray ones with little airplane icons LOL!

Yeah that definitely where you dont want to fly. Without prior permission that is.

Gray ones with little airplane icons LOL!

Yeah that definitely where you dont want to fly. Without prior permission that is.

I thought that you were require to notify not get permission? Also I'm pretty sure they do not have the authority to deny Right?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I thought that you were require to notify not get permission? Also I'm pretty sure they do not have the authority to deny Right?

Actually when you call to notify they can deny you flight in the area . It depends on what kind of air traffic that is scheduled. Its more often just a fact finding mission for them. They ask basic questions and you provide the answers.

Actually when you call to notify they can deny you flight in the area . It depends on what kind of air traffic that is scheduled. Its more often just a fact finding mission for them. They ask basic questions and you provide the answers.

You mean they can say no but do they really have the authority to deny? Also stupid is stupid and endangering aircraft, property and lives is against the law with any thing not just drones. So my point is for a personal helipad that is not used by any one else and they rarely fly. They will not take the chance on liability and tell you no any ways so what to do?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Well there are 2 helipads near my house within the 5 foot radius and if they have a CareFlight en route I am sure they would tell me no if I wanted to fly during that brief window. Very few CareFlight helicopeter arrivals so its not like its a regular occurrence.

I have already notified both facilities of my information and regular flights via standard mail. Used B4UFLY to determine which helipads were in my flight zone and tracked down contact information from there.

Well there are 2 helipads near my house within the 5 foot radius and if they have a CareFlight en route I am sure they would tell me no if I wanted to fly during that brief window. Very few CareFlight helicopeter arrivals so its not like its a regular occurrence.

I have already notified both facilities of my information and regular flights via standard mail. Used B4UFLY to determine which helipads were in my flight zone and tracked down contact information from there.

Good strategy and I like it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31