DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Bernera Barracks, Glenelg, Highlands

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Day 3 of our recent April trip into the Highlands and an eagerley anticipated if long day, along the 'road to the islands', through the Ratagan Pass to Glenelg, a visit to the Bernera Barracks, the Glenelg Brochs (2 of them at any rate, footage to come in a forthcoming video), then over the Skye Ferry (more forthcoming footage) through the pass of Kyle Rhea and then over the Skye Bridge - too windy to fly nearby but I did get some fotage of it from a bit further away - and then on to Eilean Donan Castle (footage already posted) before returning to the cottage - a long day through stunning country and with some interestingly changeable weather - along with winds to match!

Apologies for the somewhat bumpy footage in places, although it looks warm and sunny, it was about 5C and blowing a gale, so when flying over the barracks I was buffeted by the wind rising over the walls - thats my excuse and I am sticking to it :)

how cool to have such amazing places to explore. I envy Europeans for all the historical buildings and cities they have and you did a great job sharing this. I could tell you weren't just using canned quickshots. You have mad flying/filming skilz. great job. the reveal at 2:20 or so was particularly interesting. I often think of these "reveals" vertically but this was a unique horizontal reveal of the structure. i learned something AND got a look at something I'd probably otherwise never see. I love these drones for what they are bringing to us around the world. much appreciated.

Thanks for sharing AlbionDrones, some interesting shots there. Love the highland countryside. One day I’ll get back to see more of it, in the meantime I’ll watch your videos. 😀
Regards

Reactions: AlbionDrones
how cool to have such amazing places to explore. I envy Europeans for all the historical buildings and cities they have and you did a great job sharing this. I could tell you weren't just using canned quickshots. You have mad flying/filming skilz. great job. the reveal at 2:20 or so was particularly interesting. I often think of these "reveals" vertically but this was a unique horizontal reveal of the structure. i learned something AND got a look at something I'd probably otherwise never see. I love these drones for what they are bringing to us around the world. much appreciated.
Thank you, this was a great place to film, despite the wind and cold, and the MINI3 Pro coped remarkably well... Thanks for the comments on my flying / filming skills, I enjoy what I do with the drone, so fly most of the time manually, with the occassional use of the focus lock on an item, then fly around it manually. There is lots of history in the UK to film, although places like this - unspoilt and remote - do take some getting to, we were staying 7 hrs from home, and the journey to Glenelg form the cottage was another 2 1/2 hrs driving, but soo worth it - especially with the other places visited and filmed, such as the Eilean Donan castle I posted last week :)

Reactions: wheelski80
Another awesome video!

Thanks for sharing AlbionDrones, some interesting shots there. Love the highland countryside. One day I’ll get back to see more of it, in the meantime I’ll watch your videos. 😀
Regards
Thanks Gagey, much appreciated... If you like Highlands footage, there are about another 20 video's to be edited and posted yet, so should keep me busy for a week or two ;)

Reactions: Gagey52
I quite enjoyed that. The music was a great choice for it as well.

Ha, I'm guessing you were following the same route I took when we were there last year. Looks like you are hitting all the same landmarks. But you are making me wish I thought to send my drone up at some of these places!

Ha, I'm guessing you were following the same route I took when we were there last year. Looks like you are hitting all the same landmarks. But you are making me wish I thought to send my drone up at some of these places!
Lol, I still have footage from Shiel Bridge, Glenelg Brochs, Kyle Rhea pass, the Skye Bridge to process, to join the Barracks and Eilean Donan Castle that I have already processed :) Got enough footage to keep me busy for a while yet...

Reactions: Rhody Seth
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1