DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best brand of tablets works best

Nvidia Shield K1 is $200 dollar deal breaker. Love it. And Hdmi out is a plus.
So I have both the shield and the S2 8 inch...

The Shield is going back... the screen does not compare at all to the the samsung s2, same with the ipad 4.. really like the front facing speakers, but the screen is SO MUCH BRIGHTER on the others

I'm a bit confused on some of the info here. I have a iOS 6s. I'm older and it's difficult for me to see the details on the screen for filming.
I have an iPad but it is not cellular....my understanding is you need the gps that is standard and doesn't require a contract to use.
Correct?

I see the crystal sky which sounds great but I didn't see where it said it had gps.
Is it still the general consensus the iPad mini 4 is the best way to go?

It seems the dji app keeps a copy of videos on the device. Is there a way to empty the mini Sdhc card, other than lap top. I ask for use in remote areas. My 64 gig showed full on my phone and when I went to download it, it said I had 12.7 gig of data on it. Not sure why, I was in the middle of a flight?

Sorry for the long winded post. I don't mean to hijack this thread but I know it's related and I didn't want to start another.

The Go app has been pretty good on my samsung on5 up until today. App crashed about 4 min into a flight. Had to use RTH to bring 'er back in.

Wondering if another Apple product is in my future.

You won't regret it, get a Mini 4 or Air 2 or Pro.

Yeah Im sure i'd like. Problem is I still have an original ipad mini that keeps on truckin. I never go into the bathroom without it!

I was considering getting an iphone 7 but theyre $700 but at least I'd get an everyday use out of it.

Ive seen used ipad mini 4s on ebay but still not sure I want to spend the money.

How do i justify it?

Much of the information I share is available at MavicHelp.com. That's my way of stickying it :)

I think I'm about to go with the iPad mini 4 wifi cellular. I will use it solely for the Mavic and cache videos on device. I like the fact it fits in the controller.
Its my belief the cellular will mark home from the launch site with the gps. I lit also seems this is the best way to eliminate multiple steps and conflicting apps.
Unless the mini 5 is due out, I'm hearing it may not be made?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman