DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best phone or tablet to use with MP

Teefour

Reactions
Hey guys just after your opinions on which phone or tablet you guys use for flying your Mavics. At the moment I use a Google pixel XL for mine and it can be buggy at times with the dji go software randomly crashing mid flight.

Looking to purchase something a little more reliable to stop a few of the mini heart attacks that I have had.

Thanks !

ipad mini4. Fits tightly in holder, mine has never crashed, IOS seems smoother than android,I have used both.Good screen size. You can manage with the non cell version, you only lose the follow me mode and dynamic home point, if these are important, get cellular model. You do not need a data plan unless you want to update maps whilst flying.

If you're on a budget, the 7" Huawei T3 works great.
Perfect video feed with no lag/pixelation.
Can be picked up in the UK for as little as £60.
The only caveat is that it currently only works with versions up to 4.1.9 of the app.
The Huawei phones also work really well and have nice bright screens. Check out the thread on the 'Wunderphone'. It seems to be very popular in the US.

Hey guys just after your opinions on which phone or tablet you guys use for flying your Mavics. At the moment I use a Google pixel XL for mine and it can be buggy at times with the dji go software randomly crashing mid flight.

Looking to purchase something a little more reliable to stop a few of the mini heart attacks that I have had.

Thanks !

After using 4 different android devices. Phones and tabs. I had nothing but problems. My iPhone 7 and the new iPad 9.7” are seamless. No lag. No pixelation. I bought the iPad mini 4 and didn’t like how small it was. Also it’s alot older as well. The iPad 9.7 is the same price and you get so much more screen. Up to date model as welll.

I have an iPhone and recently bought an At&t trek HD 2 and I love it! Was worried it might not work but it does and it's a great little tablet.

The best one is the one that doesn't crash. Unfortunately the more you read the more you'll tend to find that any device can have issues, and even when they don't, an O/S update or DJI app update can change things.

I'm running an old Nvidia Shield on Marshmallow O/S version and it's bullet-proof. But the same tablet on Nougat O/S was awful.

Reactions: Youser and Teefour
ipad mini4. Fits tightly in holder, mine has never crashed, IOS seems smoother than android,I have used both.Good screen size. You can manage with the non cell version, you only lose the follow me mode and dynamic home point, if these are important, get cellular model. You do not need a data plan unless you want to update maps whilst flying.
Yeah I've looked into the iPad mini4. It looks like the device I want. I will probably go with the non cellular version. Thank you !

I use the i-pad 9.7 to fly my MP with and it works great. Cant imagine using anything less. But that is just me. I also use the i-pan mini 4 for my Osmo which also works fantastic. This is probably the best forum i have ever been on, everyone is kind and willing to help out. KUDOS.

Admittedly I overlooked phone compatibility when I bought my MP. I saw it supported Android (generally) and moved forward. I have a Pixel 2 XL so imagine my surprise that DJI didn't support the flagship Android phone. Fear not, I'm a keeper of my old phones, so I'm using my old HTC One M9, and it's working like a charm. In hindsight, it works out nicely - now I have a dedicated phone for flying and don't have to swap my main phone in/out whenever I go out.

If you're on a budget, the 7" Huawei T3 works great.
Perfect video feed with no lag/pixelation.
Can be picked up in the UK for as little as £60.
The only caveat is that it currently only works with versions up to 4.1.9 of the app.
The Huawei phones also work really well and have nice bright screens. Check out the thread on the 'Wunderphone'. It seems to be very popular in the US.

I just got and set up one of the 5.5 inch Elates and it’s great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT