DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best set of ND filter right now ? Should we wait ?

Hi Steve, I just checked the system, your orders was one of the ones that left today, Tracking will update tonight and you will receive them Friday.
We did make a mistake and batch-printed shipping labels early on a lot of orders and I apologize for that. Let me know if you need any additional help,
-Jeff from PolarPro
Well, thank you so much. I really want the filters and will wait.

Thank YOU for the patience and understanding, I am excited to see the content you capture with them!
-Jeff from PolarPro
Now everyone is going to need a rugged box to transport and quickly access all of these beautiful filters in a when we have bought more than one set.

I've ordered this box off eBay and hope to cut some thin closed cell foam to form vertical slots for protection and quicker access to the 10 filters from Polar Pro, a slot for the stock glass and an extra open slot for organizing or a future filter.Screenshot_2018-10-03-02-19-50-179.jpeg

Reactions: Ray Jay
If anyone needs specific help with their order shoot me an email: [email protected] . We have received an unprecedented amount of orders and support tickets for the Mavic 2. *SNIP*

Thanks for the update and going the extra mile by posting your email here; definitely appreciated! Seems like all the accessory vendors have been blind-sided by demand over the Mavic 2, and logically that means that the more popular ones are going to see more complaints on forums, etc., maybe making things look worse than they are.

Regardless of your chosen accessory supplier, it looks like the best option is to sit tight and wait for them to get on top of their backlog. Unless you're really desperate and find somewhere with stock of an alternate product, that seems a better option than cancelling and going to the back of the queue with another vendor who is probably having similar issues.

Polar Pro did respond to my support e-mail today. I appreciate that.

I will offer that what made things look worse than it was was the complete lack of response. I was not worried that PP had decided suddenly to become a scam, but they weren't doing much publically to get in front of this.

At the end of the day, it's a lesson learned, and I'm looking forward to comparing the PP, Skyreat, and Fstop filters head to head.

Now everyone is going to need a rugged box to transport and quickly access all of these beautiful filters in a when we have bought more than one set.

I've ordered this box off eBay and hope to cut some thin closed cell foam to form vertical slots for protection and quicker access to the 10 filters from Polar Pro, a slot for the stock glass and an extra open slot for organizing or a future filter.View attachment 48685

Papa’s got a brand new box!

You read my mind, Mr. Elton. That’s EXACTLY what I was thinking. Now, off to eBay to look for a box.

Perhaps a 3rd party vendor will come up with the perfect box that will fit into a battery compartment. That would be nice!

Ray Jay

Last edited:
If anyone needs specific help with their order shoot me an email: [email protected] . We have received an unprecedented amount of orders and support tickets for the Mavic 2. We are in complete defense mode right now, and try to un-dig ourselves. I do apologize if you get a response that is not personalized, it is the only way we are going to get through all these tickets. 98% of the orders shipped today. A few custom orders and Gradient orders got pushed back until October 12th. Those emails went out today. We have our entire company working customer service and shipping right now, and doing everything we can. Your support tickets will get answered, however it is going to take longer than normal. If you need a refund or to cancel and order sit tight, we will get to it we promise, If its urgent send me an email and I will personally help you. Again, demand for this one is far greater than expected, we are doing our best at shipping and responding to thousands of orders and emails a day. -Jeff from PolarPro

Awesome response Jeff, thanks for coming on here and letting us know. I recently placed an order with you for a set and am hoping to see it on or before the weeks end.

It was a joke, hence the "winky face" emoji. I am only interested in the facts - hence my confusion when my perfectly reasonable questions for them are always met with silence or very unprofessional not to mention offensive accusations.

Someone earlier mentioned they were going to buy their filters anyway but Skyreat sent them some for free to 'review' though. It would be interesting to learn more about that process. I'd take a set of free filters :D
CanadaDrone you seem to be knowledgeable in this filter subject.

I'm interested in knowing the difference between the Polar Pro Cinema Collection and the NON Cinema Collection. Which one is to be preferred?

Thanks in advance [emoji120]

Those names are just a designation for different kits.

Same filters and build, just different arrangements and quantities.

They have the full 10 pack, 5ND/5NDPL

A 6 pack, 3ND/3NDPL
Some 3 packs, 2 packs, etc.

Same stuff, different assortments.

As to what is preferred, that is up to you and how you are going to use it.

Where, and when do you most often fly and film? Do you want to knock down the glare, or do you like seeing reflections on a lake?

All the kits I know of (save for the 10 filter, $250 kit) do not cover the range I will use, so I went custom and picked a few that cover a wider breadth of conditions.

It depends a lot on how you will use it, and your budget for filters.

Last edited:

I'm interested in knowing the difference between the Polar Pro Cinema Collection and the NON Cinema Collection. Which one is to be preferred?

The Cinema series is their higher end product.

The Cinema collection uses higher quality glass, is multicoated (helps with smudges, scratch resistance, reflections, etc.), has better light transmission, lower refractive index, and greater flare resistance. I know their previous Cinema series used borosilicate glass, so I assume the M2P ones do too. Quality borosilicate glass is good for optics because it has very low thermal expansion.

I don't know exactly what their standard series is made of, but it is a lower grade of glass lacking some of the features and coatings of the Cinema series. I bought the Cinema series for my Air because the price difference was so small and I am very picky :)

I don't think they have their "standard series" non-cinema filters out yet for the M2P but I could be wrong. The only thing I can see for sale right now is their Cinema series, where as for other models they still have their full line of "standard series" available alongside.

Their "vivid" collection just includes polarizers.

Last edited:
Reactions: kilomikebravo

The Cinema collection uses higher quality glass, is multicoated (helps with smudges, scratch resistance, reflections, etc.), has better light transmission, lower refractive index, and greater flare resistance. I know their previous Cinema series used borosilicate glass, so I assume the M2P ones do too. Quality borosilicate glass is good for optics because it has very low thermal expansion.

I don't know exactly what their standard series is made of, but it is a lower grade of glass lacking some of the features and coatings of the Cinema series. I bought the Cinema series for my Air because the price difference was so small and I am very picky :)

I don't think they have their "standard series" non-cinema filters out yet for the M2P but I could be wrong. The only thing I can see for sale right now is their Cinema series, where as for other models they still have their full line of "standard series" available alongside.

Good explanation, but I was looking at their website and it seems all filters for the M2P are all cinema collection. So, I do not know if they even have a standard version for the M2P.

Which ones are considered standard? N4, N8, N16 and N32? Because I know all the ones with PL are definitely cinematic because they increase color saturation or say they make colors POP.

Look at this screenshot of the M2P filters from their website that I just took. You see all the filters basically have the words "cinema series" in them. So, I guess there is no standard series here. Or help correct me if I am wrong.

S22AbiP.jpg

Last edited:

Cinema mainly has the polarized filters which makes the colors in your image or videos POP. Do you want vibrant colors that POP! Then go with any collection that has mainly or only PL.

The NON cinema collection would be for straight regular ND filters like ND4, ND8, ND16 and so forth.

But to be honest, I am so confused with those 2 you asked about because when I look on their website, every combination of filter they sell have the words "cinema series" in them so they all might as well be the cinema collections. So, there is no standard collection that I can see on their websie, except what they refer as standard collection would be a package that has the following; ND4, ND6, ND8, ND16 and ND32.

Good explanation, but I was looking at their website and it seems all filters for the M2P are all cinema collection. So, I do not know if they even have a standard version for the M2P.

Which ones are considered standard? N4, N8, N16 and N32? Because I know all the ones with PL are definitely cinematic because they increase color saturation or say they make colors POP.

Look at this screenshot of the M2P filters from their website that I just took. You see all the filters basically have the words "cinema series" in them. So, I guess there is no standard series here. Or help correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, I mentioned that in the 4th paragraph of the post you quoted :)

If you go look at the Mavic Air page you can see the Standard grade. Whether they are going to offer the Standard grade for the M2P or not I don't know (I imagine the Cinema series is much more popular) - that would be a question for PolarPro.

Cinema mainly has the polarized filters which makes the colors in your image or videos POP. Do you want vibrant colors that POP! Then go with any collection that has mainly or only PL.

Polarized filters don't just increase saturation in some scenarios, they also enhance or remove reflections which is what most people would use then for. They are just more difficult to use properly on a drone because their effect is directly related to your specific angle to the sun. You definitely would not want to buy a PL filter and just leave it on - they are only for use in very specific scenarios and with a very strict flight plan or you are going to have inconsistent video footage. I would not recommend anyone blindly buy the PL series thinking they will get better saturation (which is very easily added in post or in the drone settings). There's a lot more too it than that. If you want to 'set it and forget it', those people should just be looking at normal ND's.

Yes, I mentioned that in the 4th paragraph of the post you quoted :)

If you go look at the Mavic Air page you can see the Standard grade. Whether they are going to offer the Standard grade for the M2P or not I don't know (I imagine the Cinema series is much more popular) - that would be a question for PolarPro.

Thanks for that correction. I just looked at the Mavic Air page and saw the standard filters. They seem to be of lesser quality (or call it seem to be budget friendly or cheaper) than the cinema series based on the price difference.

Thanks for that correction. I just looked at the Mavic Air page and saw the standard filters. They seem to be of lesser quality (or call it seem to be budget friendly or cheaper) than the cinema series based on the price difference.

The "standard" series uses a lower grade of glass and they aren't multicoated. There might be some other small differences as well but I don't own them.

The "standard" series uses a lower grade of glass and they aren't multicoated. There might be some other small differences as well but I don't own them.

Good point. I see why the same 6 filters for the Mavic Air costs $99.99 for standard series and $149.99 for cinema series. Shows Standard series is of a slightly lower grade indeed. Maybe it will not sell much if they make kt for the M2P and someone knows they are buying a filter with lower grade glass.

Mavic Air Standard series vs Cinema series...

1yuB5Vg.jpg

Got a confirmation from USPS that they will arrive Friday as you said. Thanks again.

Now it feels like Christmas. People are getting their packages!

Wow I really appreciate your reply. Thank you.

I will probably go with the Cinema Collection. Not sure if I need polarizes thou. At least not at this stage. But I still have time to marinate that thought since the vendors here in Sweden have not yet recieved the filters.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661