DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bit disappointed with the Polar Pro mavic case

MavicPro83

Reactions
I just got my polar pro case this evening, the exterior appears very solid and well made and overall it's a great size - not too big, not too small with well proportioned cut outs for drone plus 2 batteries (though no where for the charging hub) but I'm a bit disappointed with the interior.

It's constructed from two pieces of foam and where they are glued together the alignment is off meaning there are sticky edges all round, additionally there are marks from excess glue on the base and it had a fair amount of dust inside... so it seems to be a great case that is poorly finished, letting it down at this price point in my opinion.

Maybe I got a duff one, might try another in case this was a Friday afternoon job but thought I'd share first impressions...
13e9e57c9ea6d9b1879827dfeef05e16.jpg
acfbc9d520b6ed924734428269d69e85.jpg
d218953a598e958f8603e3bae6078abb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I am sure they will replace that for you. Hopefully a bot more QA on the next one :)

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. At the time I ordered there were no reviews, hoping what you got was a fluke.

I got one that is almost identical - might even be identical but under a different name. Did the foam glue smell to high heaven? I will let mine air out for a few days.

Yes instant glue smell when open and sticky glue too between the 1st piece of foam , yes alignment was off too , was a good product just not for me

I was going to get that case, glad I didn't. I went with the pelican 1400. Holds everything in need. The pluck out foam was not that bad.
If you lay out everything you can get a bunch of stuff to fit.

Posted a pic of how I laid mine out( still have a spot to put the car charger if I get one. )

The other pic is how another company has it laid out to fit even more batteries.

Attachments

• IMG_3529.JPG
    IMG_3529.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3542.JPG
    IMG_3542.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 108
I was tempted to get the Polar case as well, but ended up going with the GPC case that someone linked on here.

B&H had it for a discount and no tax; I'm mainly going to use it for storage of accessories and transport when traveling but the DJI bag is good for shorter trips, in my use at least. I wish these cases weren't so bulky but they are protective.

Going to send it back and get a pelican too, had one for my phantom, they are the original and best

If you contact PolarPros they will likely send you a new case the same day and double check it before it leaves. Their customer service is on another level.

I just got my polar pro case this evening, the exterior appears very solid and well made and overall it's a great size - not too big, not too small with well proportioned cut outs for drone plus 2 batteries (though no where for the charging hub) but I'm a bit disappointed with the interior.

We can fire you out a new one if you would like, occasionally that can slip through QC.
Just shoot Dan an email: [email protected]

Thanks!
-Jeff

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_