DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black speck on lense

jmiyamae

Reactions
I believe there's a speck of dust on the sensor of my camera. I tried tapping it and it seems to move slightly but basically leaves the footage useless. Is it a bad idea to take the camera apart and try to clean the lense off? Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

If it's actually on the sensor you probably need to send to DJI to clean, its not advisable to do yourself without the right tools. I clean my DSLR one on occasion but its easier to access and a lot larger, plus there are lots of proper tools available.

That said, if you can dismantle the camera, its reasonably likely an air blower would take care of this (Not compressed gas, but a manual one... you dont want accelerant on your sensor) as it's moving already, but it does seem like a fragile set up so I have no idea if you'd get in there without breaking something.

If it's a recent purchase, maybe return to the store?

R

Reactions: jmiyamae
If it's actually on the sensor you probably need to send to DJI to clean, its not advisable to do yourself without the right tools. I clean my DSLR one on occasion but its easier to access and a lot larger, plus there are lots of proper tools available.

That said, if you can dismantle the camera, its reasonably likely an air blower would take care of this (Not compressed gas, but a manual one... you dont want accelerant on your sensor) as it's moving already, but it does seem like a fragile set up so I have no idea if you'd get in there without breaking something.

If it's a recent purchase, maybe return to the store?

R

I bought my mavic through eBay and I live in Canada, for which there is no dji support. I suppose I would have to ship it?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Surely DJI still have support in Canada even if it needs to ship to US, I would reach out and request a repair via DJI support online

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: jmiyamae

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78