DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Braking, return sticks.

Karl2951

Reactions
Any ideas?
Out flying this morning and twice I had an error pop up and then clear, it said something similar to, "braking, return sticks to central point" I got a bit twitchy and brought her close back just in case.. thoughts??

That message means the front sensors were detecting an obstacle. The sun perhaps?

Reactions: wsteele
Mm. Interesting, not had it before and did panic a touch, nothing to worry about then. Appreciated once again msinger.

This happens during low light and very bright light ... I was flying today as the sun went down and had the same thing ... either fly in sports mode or turn off your sensors.

I think that has resolved It, I now feel a little daft. Lighting was Ok, I normally fly in sports mode but today because I had dipped out of sight and was exploring an old coal pit site I switched to normal mode so thinking about it I would potentially have been a little close to some of the structures. This is a good forum.

I have received this message, flying into the sun as it's going down behind the ridge, change to sport mode, turn off forward sensors, or you can even turn around and fly backwards. Had it happen today flying in the fog, was was flying at 20 mph, beep, beep breaking... slowed down to 15 mph and all was good.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctiptonk