DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new Mavic, unable to get it running and flying

RTBrown55

Reactions
(this was written to a you tube video author by me about his 60 second connection video)

So far, I have spent over three hours of my life to try to get my drone and remote linked. Even tried to get the tablet linked with the app. Nothing worked. Tried both ways to connect the remote by using the app, and just using the controller. Nothing has been successful yet. I did get the controller to read "binding", but nothing happened after that. Tried scanning the QR code and still nothing. Watched videos, read the manual on line, and still no success in connecting. The DJI GO 4 app does not have what you show on this video with 'primary' on the app. Now the remote is just stuck on "connecting", and the Mavic Pro just flashes the rear light quickly. Then it will flash slowly like it is ready to fly. Moving the two joy sticks to the positions to fire up the motors, does nothing. This is just crazy! I never bought anything in my life that was impossible to use, until I got the Mavic Pro from DJI. Nothing should be this difficult. I am left wondering at this point, if I will ever get the drone to fly.
Anyone able to suggest what I can do to get the drone in the air? DJI has yet to respond to me on this.

(this was written to a you tube video author by me about his 60 second connection video)

So far, I have spent over three hours of my life to try to get my drone and remote linked. Even tried to get the tablet linked with the app. Nothing worked. Tried both ways to connect the remote by using the app, and just using the controller. Nothing has been successful yet. I did get the controller to read "binding", but nothing happened after that. Tried scanning the QR code and still nothing. Watched videos, read the manual on line, and still no success in connecting. The DJI GO 4 app does not have what you show on this video with 'primary' on the app. Now the remote is just stuck on "connecting", and the Mavic Pro just flashes the rear light quickly. Then it will flash slowly like it is ready to fly. Moving the two joy sticks to the positions to fire up the motors, does nothing. This is just crazy! I never bought anything in my life that was impossible to use, until I got the Mavic Pro from DJI. Nothing should be this difficult. I am left wondering at this point, if I will ever get the drone to fly.
Anyone able to suggest what I can do to get the drone in the air? DJI has yet to respond to me on this.

Did you try resetting then pairing we had to do that with my friends

Did I try resetting the pairing, you ask? I do not know what that means. I may have tried, or maybe I did not. There is no way of me knowing, because the product comes with no instructions. Seems everything is a mystery and a person has to be on their own as a part cryptologist, part investigator. And good luck! Nothing is straight forward and clear with this product.
The manual does not include any trouble-shooting advice. You buy a DJI Mavic, or any other of their products, and you are on your own, it seems. DJI support has not yet responded to my message to them about this.
It is the third day and I have yet to get the motors running. I find it hard to believe they are the leading manufacturer of products like the drones and other electronic gizmos. I have read a lot of customer feedback and it appears there are lots and lots of people with the same problem I have right now, and lots more, with no answers to them. It's hard to believe DJI stays in business with customer problems and no solutions like with this one.
So in answer to your reply- it's really not helpful at all. I do not know how to reset then pairing.Thanks anyway.

Hey BigRey-

I took your suggestion and I looked up how to reset the controller. I pressed the three appropriate buttons and the beeping sound happened. Guess what? The drone still can not be started. I tried the pairing procedure again, and nothing happened. The green light on the Mavic flashes slowly, indicating it is ready to fly. I push on the control joysticks to start the motors, and guess what? Nothing happens.

You really shouldn't be having that much trouble pairing, it's one of the most straight forward things. If it's brand new, then this should be a warranty issue with Dji.

Is there a button to hold for a couple seconds on the back between the lights like there is on the Mavic Air?

it seems strange that the mav and controller were not already paired out of the box both my UAVs came paired may i ask why you were trying to pair them in the first place

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
There’s a reset button on the Mavic near the Sd Card use a paper lip or pen ...as to why this happens no
Idea but it did happen with a friend I’d be willing to walk you through on FaceTime or tango I know it’s frustrating we literally went through that most WTF moment ever feel free to PM me

it seems strange that the mav and controller were not already paired out of the box both my UAVs came paired may i ask why you were trying to pair them in the first place

It does happen though my friends problem occurred after he had already flown the MP just an odd tech glitch probably

I have been trying to pair them, because the thing does not work. So I have been tring everything I can to get it to work. I would suspect the drone and controller would be paired, but I do not know. Your reply is not really helpful in solving the problem, thank you anyway.

You really shouldn't be having that much trouble pairing, it's one of the most straight forward things. If it's brand new, then this should be a warranty issue with Dji.

Yes, I would think there should be no trouble. Thanks for the reply anyway.

I have been trying to pair them, because the thing does not work. So I have been tring everything I can to get it to work. I would suspect the drone and controller would be paired, but I do not know. Your reply is not really helpful in solving the problem, thank you anyway.

Could you perhaps upload a video of what exactly you are trying and what it's not doing? It help solve this mystery?

it may not have been helpful but i was trying to get a handle on why you were trying to pair them in the first place so that others with perhaps more knowledge than myself might be able to sort out what was wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: RTBrown55
I’m not an expert just dealt with a similar issue sent my number of you do want to try believe me we were about to fill it full of 9mm

Reactions: RTBrown55
Did you setup a account with dji so you can activate your quad . The drone will not fly unless it is activated under an account .

Did you setup a account with dji so you can activate your quad . The drone will not fly unless it is activated under an account .

I thought I did register and activate it. The QR scan did nothing, by the way.. I have an account with DJI already that I logged in to. But thanks for that suggestion. I will go check to be sure I did what I was supposed to do.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staldzis