DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new Mavic, unable to get it running and flying

it may not have been helpful but i was trying to get a handle on why you were trying to pair them in the first place so that others with perhaps more knowledge than myself might be able to sort out what was wrong

Okay. Pardon me. This is just so frustrating that I am almost beside myself. I never had such trouble with anything before.

Reactions: old man mavic
Okay. Pardon me. This is just so frustrating that I am almost beside myself. I never had such trouble with anything before.
switch everything off have a coffee or cuppa and start again sometimes its hard to see the wood from the trees wipe your app make sure you have everything fully charged up a good wifi connection and go through the registration process from the start after you have down loaded the app follow all the procedures you never know it could just be something simple that was missed good luck hope you are successful

Yep. I'm not one to give up easily. Believe me, I have been trying to get this thing running. I'm going to go back and start from scratch like you suggested.
Thanks for the replies.

SUCCESS! To all those here that attempted to help with the suggestions you gave, I sincerely thank you. I just got the Mavic Pro to run!

I feel like a dumb-*** though.:( I am not ashamed to admit my mistakes. The reason why the drone would not fire up and nothing functioned was, because I did not activate it! Ugggh!
This time I plugged the controller in to my tablet and, ahem, what a difference that made!:rolleyes::p
I did not know that had to be done through a tablet or phone device.. No wonder the app always had the "disconnected" sign on and nothing worked. I wonder how it could be activated without a smart phone or tablet.

So anyway, it's working. Thanks again to all that tried to help.

SUCCESS! To all those here that attempted to help with the suggestions you gave, I sincerely thank you. I just got the Mavic Pro to run!

I feel like a dumb-*** though.:( I am not ashamed to admit my mistakes. The reason why the drone would not fire up and nothing functioned was, because I did not activate it! Ugggh!
This time I plugged the controller in to my tablet and, ahem, what a difference that made!:rolleyes::p
I did not know that had to be done through a tablet or phone device.. No wonder the app always had the "disconnected" sign on and nothing worked. I wonder how it could be activated without a smart phone or tablet.

So anyway, it's working. Thanks again to all that tried to help.

Hahahaha I laugh because I did that too
You’re welcome and Congrats !

Whew! It was a trying and difficult time. I knew there had to be an answer...
Like the saying goes: "If at first you do not succeed, try, try again.":p
glad you got it going and people on this forum are always happy to help

glad you got it going and people on this forum are always happy to help

I'll tell you, it was just about blowing my mind there for a little while. It was just hard to imagine something could be impossible to get going. I wonder how people could activate the drone without a smart phone or tablet? I think it would be betterto have clear instructions on what to do to activate it, instead of making a mystery to be solved out of it. That at least how it was in my case... I wonder how many others had the same difficulty? And I'm wondering why DJI support nas yet to respond to my message. Oh well, what's a person to do except keep trying?

Reactions: mereflyer
Yes, it wasn't designed to be flown without a mobile device. You can once it is set up (activated and configured) but your height and distance will be limited.

Unfortunately most products like this don't come with manuals, except maybe a quick start guide. Usually you have to go online to get the full manual.

Some tablets don't play nice with DJI. I've had a heck of a time with Samsung Tab E on both my Phantom 3 Advanced and my M2Z. It was worse when I had both apps installed needed for the respective models. Now that Airmap can also control a DJI, that just made it worse as all of them competed for the USB.

If you use the bottom USB port on the RC, you must remove the short cable from the side port or else the bottom one won't be on for data.

switch everything off have a coffee or cuppa and start again sometimes its hard to see the wood from the trees wipe your app make sure you have everything fully charged up a good wifi connection and go through the registration process from the start after you have down loaded the app follow all the procedures you never know it could just be something simple that was missed good luck hope you are successful
I agree, the excitement of what is about to come.

@DanMan32
And this is not the case with the MavicAir, my 1st drone, so I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why I could not get my M2P to work.

If you use the bottom USB port on the RC, you must remove the short cable from the side port or else the bottom one won't be on for data.

Getting your Mavic linked and running is just the beginning. You should do yourself a big favor and watch these videos and also keep the link close so you can refer to them while you go through the learning process. DJI Mavic Turorials

If at first you don't succeed read the manual again and again. I also had problems when I first got my Pro. The documentation is not the clearest to say the least. I was also just on the edge of a NFZ which just added to equation.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Memet