DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Braunwald in Switzerland and a paraglider

GekoCH

Reactions
This is my first video made with a DJI Mavic. Last weekend I made a hiking trip in Braunwalnd in Switzerland together with my family.

During all scenes, I carried my son in a backpack and my wife launched and helped landing the Mavic. It was not here first time hand landing a drone so she knew how to deal with it.

It is a nice little aircraft and very easy to carry around and I had no troubles flying in the cold.

I hope you like the video
Andy

BEAUTIFUL! The music is a great fit! I held my breath on the shot where you flew backwards between the tops of the trees. NICE! Thank you for sharing that with us.

BEAUTIFUL! The music is a great fit! I held my breath on the shot where you flew backwards between the tops of the trees. NICE! Thank you for sharing that with us.

thx a lot I really appreciate that!

Andy

Yes, very beautiful scenery and nice flying. Thanks for sharing.
Keep posting more vids like this.

Happy Flying
Brewsky

Yes, very beautiful scenery and nice flying. Thanks for sharing.
Keep posting more vids like this.

Happy Flying
Brewsky
thx a lot, so what do you like to see next from Switzerland, any wishes?

Andy

Stunning! I love how these videos give a nice filmic look at various peoples back yard, you live in a very different landscape to me and it's great to get to see a bit of it.

Reactions: TJT
thx! Yeah the landscape is really special especially in the winter time.

Andy

I'm not sure what I would do when I am soaring or in a thermal with my paraglider and see a "drone" next to me.

I will probably b-line down as quickly as possible, find the operator and (sorry for saying this) kick the **** out of him.

Why? The blades will most definitely rip/slice about everything possible on a paraglider.

If not than it will definitely tangle things up so bad that recovering the glider will not be possible.

I have paragliders seen being taken down by birds!

Please.. stay away from paragliders.

PS. Very nice video

Reactions: Kilrah
Hy thx for the comment.
I stayed away from the Paraglider as you can see in the Video and I was below the tree line during this incident!
Both were very surprised for sure. I'm really aware of this kind of things and my spotter did a good job in warning
me that a Paraglider suddenly appeared from the left side. I then stayed at the same altitude descended even a little
bit and just panned from left to right as you can see from the video. Nothing more I did not chase him or anything
similar.
However both knew the risk he even more then me since he is flying in the model airplane air space of 150m above
ground. But of course this does not justifies an accident or reckless behavior I just want to describe that I was fully
aware of the situation etc.

Andy

Reactions: TJT and Mavic
# I felt like I was there! Great job. Next stop: A follow up from The Dolomites ;-))

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan