DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bring back Google Maps

Heavysledz

Reactions
I don't typically do this but in this case since I feel so adamant about the switch to Here maps being a terrible decision, that I wanted to redirect as many folks as possible over to the DJI forum to a thread where they are taking a poll over who wants Google maps back and who is happy with Here maps.

Needless to say nearly everyone has voted to bring back the Google maps thus far. So if you are a member of that forum, please jump over and cast your vote as well.

Google Maps / Here Maps vote

Google Maps is the best, but I think use of that feature is what is causing high battery drains on iOS devices. That's probably the reason for the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I don't typically do this but in this case since I feel so adamant about the switch to Here maps being a terrible decision, that I wanted to redirect as many folks as possible over to the DJI forum to a thread where they are taking a poll over who wants Google maps back and who is happy with Here maps.

Needless to say nearly everyone has voted to bring back the Google maps thus far. So if you are a member of that forum, please jump over and cast your vote as well.

Google Maps / Here Maps vote

I can't believe anyone who is familiar with Go wouldn't notice! Those Here maps are absolutely useless!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Google Maps is the best, but I think use of that feature is what is causing high battery drains on iOS devices. That's probably the reason for the switch.
On iOS they switched to Apple maps which is nowhere near as bad as Here.

This is the very reason i am using DJI GO 3.0.1 as this still has google maps ....

I emailed [email protected] to complain and they did reply within 24hrs maybe everyone should i also gave the apps in the app store poor ratings with the issues listed in my feedback

Can someone please explain why Here maps are bad?

Apple Maps had a bad start during its debut. There were lots of issues with its navigation. Apple maps is just having a hard time regaining trust after a shaky start.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Already voted! HERE maps are truly dreadful, no zoom level, bad resolution and hit and miss loading areas either over WiFi or LTE etc. There have been a few instanced where Google Maps has popped up for a few seconds so I wonder if there is a way to block HERE Maps using an app or hack.

On my IOS device Apple maps are coming up, and it is much improved from the flaky start, not as good as Google but much better than Here maps, which are worse than Apple maps ever were, just terrible.

For what ever reason here map's satitlite view finally started to show up on Android but it's still completely crap in terms of resolution and updates.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

same here......I can finally see Satellite maps on Here maps in my area but the resolution is still terrible and the maps are at least 3 years old based on what state the new construction is showing up on the maps....

I have a brand land rover discovery sport which uses Here maps for navigation. Worst sat nav ever!!

I have a brand land rover discovery sport which uses Here maps for navigation. Worst sat nav ever!!
Ah and for all these years I thought the bad Land Rover driving was down to the owners! :D (kidding of course)

The total so far...who are the 2 who voted here? DJI employees? Miss click? Blind? lol
upload_2016-12-30_2-40-52.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan