DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bring back Google Maps

Question on maps: why doesn't the map follow the AC? I'm using iOS, but always have to manually pan the map to put the AC in the center. It seems as though this wasn't always the case. Is there a setting tweak to fix this? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Question on maps: why doesn't the map follow the AC? I'm using iOS, but always have to manually pan the map to put the AC in the center. It seems as though this wasn't always the case. Is there a setting tweak to fix this? Thanks!

I have this problem as well. Very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots iPhone 7 Plus

Okay, so how does it assist you in flying
I am a GIS major and use maps daily for assessing which route to take around land based features while 3D mapping in the field. The long range of the mavic allows us to get similar results as the $20k eBee RTK we also use. Without the maps built in, we have to lug around a 12" Samsung tablet.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Logger
I have this problem as well. Very annoying.

What firmware are you using and which Go app ??

I am on the latest firmware and the lasts GO 4 app and the map does follow the drone.

I am on the latest firmware and the lasts GO 4 app and the map does follow the drone.

I'm on ios version 4.0.2. Everything else is up to date as well. The only time that the map will follow the drone is if I manually center the map over it. If I don't manually move the map it will not follow. It's not the end of the world but would be nice for it to work. Other than the map I have no other complaints. The mavic is great!

I'm on ios version 4.0.2. Everything else is up to date as well. The only time that the map will follow the drone is if I manually center the map over it. If I don't manually move the map it will not follow. It's not the end of the world but would be nice for it to work. Other than the map I have no other complaints. The mavic is great!

hmm that's odd ....

I would completely remove the go 4 app and reinstall it as it works fine on my Android 4.0.1 app.

I am a GIS major and use maps daily for assessing which route to take around land based features while 3D mapping in the field. The long range of the mavic allows us to get similar results as the $20k eBee RTK we also use. Without the maps built in, we have to lug around a 12" Samsung tablet.

Lol like "lugging" a tablet around is inconvenient compared to what was needed only a few years ago

No pre flight planning?

Long range? LOS is not great on these

Good they you enjoy, can't help but think it's not essential you you do any sort of pre planning though

Lol like "lugging" a tablet around is inconvenient compared to what was needed only a few years ago

No pre flight planning?

Long range? LOS is not great on these

Good they you enjoy, can't help but think it's not essential you you do any sort of pre planning though

I could argue with a wall, but just like with you- it would get me nowhere. Not all applications give us time to prepare for a job, sometimes we have to wing it with no preparations other than what's in the pack for the day. You don't need google maps, cool. Unfortunately other professionals do.

I could argue with a wall, but just like with you- it would get me nowhere. Not all applications give us time to prepare for a job, sometimes we have to wing it with no preparations other than what's in the pack for the day. You don't need google maps, cool. Unfortunately other professionals do.
Other professionals probably have a more reliable source of mapping to fall back on...

Other professionals probably have a more reliable source of mapping to fall back on...
You have no clue.... Google maps data comes from the Landsat series of satellite sensors. The same sensors NASA and just about every other govt. entity uses.. dude just stop. This is my profession, not just a hobby.

Reactions: Manu and Dw911
You have no clue.... Google maps data comes from the Landsat series of satellite sensors. The same sensors NASA and just about every other govt. entity uses.. dude just stop. This is my profession, not just a hobby.

Okay, maybe I'm spoilt with good imagery and forward planning

Attachments

• LG1.PNG
    LG1.PNG
    3.9 MB · Views: 34
  • LG2.PNG
    LG2.PNG
    4.2 MB · Views: 35
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads