DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bringing mavic air 1 back to life after 2 year in storage

aerovision

Reactions
I'm bringing mavic air 1 back to life after 2 year in storage ( I know .... shouldn't done ),
planning getting back to flying. With said what steps should I take before my first flight given the mavic air sitting in storage for such long time ?

@aerovision ,unless you have kept up with the correct battery storage , during that long period,there a very good chance that the batteries are dead
so you could be looking at replacing them ,you also need to make sure that the RC battery will take on a charge as well,check the App for any updates ,and also give the drone a good check over ,it is also possible that the IMU could have issues from such long inactivity, and therefore do an IMU calibration ,along with a compass calibration ,if all is well, when you go for your first flight just hover for a while in a nice open space at a fairly low altitude ,then try out the RC controls to see how the drone responds to them, also check the settings in the App ,only when you are confident all is well ,should you begin to fly further and higher away from the home point
also depending on your location check your countries rules and regs as a lot has changed in the last two years

@aerovision ,unless you have kept up with the correct battery storage , during that long period,there a very good chance that the batteries are dead
so you could be looking at replacing them ,you also need to make sure that the RC battery will take on a charge as well,check the App for any updates ,and also give the drone a good check over ,it is also possible that the IMU could have issues from such long inactivity, and therefore do an IMU calibration ,along with a compass calibration ,if all is well, when you go for your first flight just hover for a while in a nice open space at a fairly low altitude ,then try out the RC controls to see how the drone responds to them, also check the settings in the App ,only when you are confident all is well ,should you begin to fly further and higher away from the home point
also depending on your location check your countries rules and regs as a lot has changed in the last two years
all good points.... kicking myself for letting it sit that long

Reactions: old man mavic
yea put my air 1 back in service after a year sitting on the shelve no problem

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin.macdonald