DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken gimbal protector lug

Garfieldg

Reactions
A little while ago I bought a combi gimbal lock/protector which is very good and I've been pleased with it so far. It's always been a tight fit and this morning when putting it back on, one of the lugs broke off. I didn't see where it went despite searching for quite some time (I was standing in long grass though so it was more hope that I'd find it). My worry is that it may have fallen into the Mavic through the gimbal assembly. Would this be possible? Now I have the gimbal locked with he original lock I've given it a light shake but can't hear anything. This leads to my second question, if it did would it cause any internal mayhem? Thank you!

In theory, it could as there are moving parts (obviously) in the gimbal which could be blocked and/or rub against an alien obstruction.

There is most likely a youtube video or four that show how to take apart and put back together the gimbal.

Or you could send it to one of the repair services for a quick look over - shouldn't cost too much I wouldn't think

Mine did the same thing. Poor quality for that part. I tried to super glue it...failed. Then I solved the problem...rubber band.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh