DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Budapest Airport

Hy there, what are the regulations? Can you fly in Budapest? Do you get in trouble with police maybe?

Hy there, what are the regulations? Can you fly in Budapest? Do you get in trouble with police maybe?
I took my mavic but didn't get a chance to fly. You would get in trouble near or over official buildings of course.

I imagine so..., as there are many like that in Budapest, but for regular (Like the Citadel for example) - I guess (if no many people there) would be ok?

Yea just use your best judgement, don't get too low, keep it moving, stay away from people and crowds.

As of July 1, 2017, drone pilots were supposed to be registered with local authorities. But last I heard, the legislation has not gone into effect.

Also, Budapest Airport is the most strict airport re Drones. However, I took my blades off my mavic and checked them in the check luggage. Carried my mavic in my carry on. Been through the airport 10x with no issues.

I did fly the drone over the Danube (around Parliament, Buda Castle and Chain Bridge). I did not have any issues. I flew at night and day. I also flew over the bathhouse with no issues. However did fly it near the Citadel and a guard told me to bring it down.

My thoughts that drones are frowned upon there, but if fly stealthy and quickly you can get it done.

I went through recently, checked in the mavic, didn't want to to take the risk as there are signs every where.

Maybe the fold design makes it blend in. But I don't want to get pulled on a spot check.

As of today could i fly my Mavic air in Budapest legally? Are the any links for websites regarding laws?

As of today could i fly my Mavic air in Budapest legally? Are the any links for websites regarding laws?

This is what I know.
There is a planned law for drones. It is NOT out yet.
The current official rules are that you can fly in any non SFC airspace.
Any airspace that is SFC- is not allowed.

I do not know anything about critical infrastructure or helipads.

Here is a map: Légtér.hu
It is in hungarian, but it's pretty clear.
I have no info on enforcement, but keep in mind that there are UN, US and NATO bases that are active.

This is what I know.

I have no info on enforcement, but keep in mind that there are UN, US and NATO bases that are active.
Thanks for this, I'm going again next week. Will take the Mavic again. On the way in I keep it with me, on the way back it goes in the hold.

This is what I know.

What is sfc, do you know where in the city that is?

They probably haven't seen one before :D I don't think there ary any rules/regulations in Hungary for drones yet.
Nightmare of rules. And if you look at the airspace map you see all of Budapest and most of Hungary is airspace. 30-45 days to apply for clearance and you must report when and where.

Yeah, I was there for 2 months. Also you can reserve any size of airspace. And only 1 at a time can be reserved. Already saw people reserving and selling it for other people who need it for jobs.

Also this is the poster on BUD, as of July 11, 2018

Drones still not allowed in cabin.

The official note on the Budapest Airport web site says:

"Budapest Airport Zrt – also taking recommendations of the Hungarian authorities into consideration – currently applies the following rules to transporting drones (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, UAVs):

Transportation of drones on board aircraft is ensured for all passengers, in hold baggage. We recommend that the item should be appropriately and securely packed in order to prevent it from any damage. Professional wrapping of bags in foil is available in both terminals. It is also possible to take out insurance for hold baggage – it is recommended to do so in view of the value of the drone in the bag.

Accessories detached from drones – such as valuable cameras – are still allowed to be carried in cabin baggage.

The security of our passengers continues to be our top priority, and our company makes every effort to maintain it."

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_