DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy a Mavic Pro now or wait?

I ordered the Mavic Pro in February direct from DJI when their shipping wait time dropped down to 1-3 days. I live in Seattle area also and managed to fly it 30 times in the month of March, despite the weather. The unit has worked perfectly so far, including flights over water. Hope you have fun!

Nice!! Can i ask where you do your flying around the seattle area? I have no idea where to fly this thing yet

Thanks for the response guys! So yes i did pick one up this afternoon for the DJI store, when i originally looked up the S/N on the outside of the fly more combo box it said to have a build date of december 18th. Debating whether or not to return it but i said screw it since i wanted to fly it. Opened her up to find out the serial number was completely different and upon looking up all the serial numbers both the mavic and all my batteries were manufactured in the month of March. Charged up one battery pack and ran to a local school play ground where there was no people around with a big open space and took off. Everything went smoothly and its fully functional, can't wait until the next sunny day to take it out again. Ill definitely have to spend more time playing around with the settings and re-calibrating my gimble which was slightly tilted right

Seems odd to me that a recently purchased mavic would have a build date of over 3 months ago. Are you sure?

Just addressed this in the last post. Apparently the S/N on the fly more combo box has a serial number that gives me a older build date, this case december 28th. When i opened it up and looked at the actual box of the mavic i got the build date of march 3rd

Nice!! Can i ask where you do your flying around the seattle area? I have no idea where to fly this thing yet
I live near 60 Acres Park in Redmond, and do a lot of my flying practice there. Since it is off-season for youth soccer, the fields are available for RC use just about every day of the week. I see other quadcopter users there also. I think that changes in June when soccer picks up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR