DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calling all Goggles RE owners. User advice wanted!

DJI DelBoy

Reactions
Hi guys/girls?

I bought the Goggles RE just over half a ago to help with filming - you know the situations where a 2nd person would control the camera with another remote.

However, all the footage comes out jerky because the sensors inside are sensitive to minor neck movements.

Perhaps I’ve got the settings wrong? Does anyone have advice on how to improve it so that the footage is captured smoothly. Or what specific settings (Goggles and drone?)?

The whole idea behind me getting the goggles was not just for the fpv experience but to get footage that would otherwise not be possible without someone specifically controlling the camera with a 2nd remote.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: velkogv
Head tracking on the DJI goggles is just a fun gimmick and certainly not adapted to filming precisely. Much better to get well trained to the controls on the remote, you'll get a better result with that.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Head tracking on the DJI goggles is just a fun gimmick and certainly not adapted to filming precisely. Much better to get well trained to the controls on the remote, you'll get a better result with that.

I understand but there are some camera moves that aren’t possible unless you have someone else with a 2nd remote to deal solely with camera control or you have more than 10 fingers.

Not really, as long as you have a finger for the tilt control. Heck that even works when using one more for the zoom :)

This. You can also connect a 2nd RC to the aircraft and have 1 person fly and the other control the camera. That's how the pros film w/UAS'.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661