DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera calibration in dji assisitant 2 problem.

Attex

Reactions
I keep trying to do a vision positioning calibration with dji assistant 2. It wont let me. I dont know why. Keeps saying reboot aircraft. Anybody have that issue? I rebooted it i dont know how many times and also put in a fresh battery too just in case. I have occasionally received downward camera error. but it seems to be working. I would like to calibrate them tho.

Hi
Did you try already with the app DJI Go 4? just to make the update turn on your wifi on the cell phone and make the upgrade over the cell phone app? after you can try to calibrate it to the app too.

I find this to help you if it is the thing you looking for

No I didnt know you could through the app. But here is there error. and calibration button doesnt light up for me to click on.

Attachments

• mavic calibration.jpg
    mavic calibration.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 60
try at first to make the update with the cell phone if this help already to get that fixed

I tried downgrading to last firmware and it does the same thing. Currently upgrading back. I will see if I can figure out how on the go 4 app when its done. I dont remember seeing anything on it anywhere though.
Thank you for the advice. I hope it works.

I had the same issue. Called DJI technical support number. She told me to remove and reinstall the DJI assistant 2 and then refresh the firmware. I didn't see how that would solve the problem but it did. No problems since. Give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Kellimtai
sometimes informatics we should not think about logic lol :) even if everything is just 1 and 0

Reactions: Mavic Magic
OK, I just got my MP yesterday. It said I needed to calibrate in DJI Assistant 2. I have the same problem. It won't enable the Start Calibration button. It keeps saying "Please reboot the aircraft."

I have installed an re-installed DJIA2 on two separate computers; I have downgraded to V01.300.0200 from .0300 -- same problem. Now, I can't even upgrade back to .0300.

Now this is interesting news. I received my new MP yesterday and right out of the box it prompted me to do the camera calibration. I followed all the procedures and got only as far as 84-85% complete before it failed. I tried 6X and same issue. Called Tech Support, had me uninstall and reinstall the app, tried several times and still same result. The had me complete a return ticket so it sound like I have to send my MP back in for something. I wonder if there might be a broader issue going on?

Blue_Knight, you got a lot further than I did. It will never even let me start calibration. Worse, in an attempt to resolve the issue, I downgraded the AC to .0200 successfully. But, errors in DJIA2 prevents it doing the same for the RC. And since version .0300 doesn't even show up in DJIA2, I can't upgrade the AC back. So, now my AC and RC have asynchronous firmware.

Come on, DJI!

Actually, I gotta give DJI a lot of slack. They've built a fantastic machine. And, the DJI Pro 4 app is just as fantastic.

Even with the firmware between the AC and RC being offset, and lack of calibration, it all still works...great. I just can't calibrate from A2. Oh well, maybe it'll work with A2 v1.1.0 when it's released.

.0300 isn't even out yet. You just got your Mavic obviously my suggestion do not downgrade. Resolution has a lot to do with calibration as well. Check the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I still havent figured it out and I did try all sorts of screen resolutions that were suggested anyways. I just live with the error everytime on startup.

Same issue for me. Updates to 85% and stops. Tried numerous times, did what DJI support suggested and now they have given me an RMA #.

Well, I finally got a response out of DJI. Took 5 days by UPS ground (aka: turtle mode) to get to CA from MN....

Dear Customer,

Your product sent back qualifies for repair under warranty. Repair will be finished within three to five business days.

Invoice

Customer:
Case No:
DJI Care Balance: 0.00(USD)
Quote Date: 02-24-17
Remarks: Dear Customer, This product will be covered under warranty. For more information, please visit (After-Sales Service Policies - DJI). - DJI North America

Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)
Core Board 1 288.00 288.00
Service Charge 1 65.00/H 65.00
Freight: 0.00
Total Amount: 353.00
DJI Care deduction: 0.00
Total Payment: 0.00

Please make sure the Case No. is included in your Payment Information when completing your transaction.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya