DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera/Gimbal won't Tilt up, down or pan

TBird

Reactions
Hi, I've have been happily flying my Mavic 2 Zoom without problems since the end of August. Yesterday on the first flight of the day I noticed the camera wouldn't tilt up or down with the gimbal dial. I tried moving it up, dn, left & right with the app on my phone but that didn't move the gimbal either. In the 'Camera Gimbal Advanced Settings' I tried to reset gimbal settings but it said 'reset failed'. I have not crashed or had had any hard impacts.
Please Help

Can you try turning on the drone with props off, letting the gimbal initialize, then pick it up and move the drone up down and around and see if the gimbal moves?

Can you try turning on the drone with props off, letting the gimbal initialize, then pick it up and move the drone up down and around and see if the gimbal moves?

The gimbal moves smoothly
Per DJI recommendation I re calibrate the RC but it didn't help.

Oh I did not see where you wrote "reset failed." Can I ask where you bought it from? I would return it or exchange it, if possible. If not, it might need to go to DJI.

I purchased it with fly more & care refresh from DJI & received it at the end August

Well, if you did what they asked to troubleshoot it and it failed, you might be better off sending it in under warranty. Save your Refresh for when it's your fault.

After 2 chat sessions & a long phone call with DJI they finally told me to send it in for repair.
I want to bring it with on a 3 week vacation at Thanksgiving so hopefully it will be repaired and returned soon.

I received my quote to fix the gimbal from DJI today. The problem is "ARM FORCED IN BACKWARDS" . What does that mean.? I don't know when or how I did it.
The quote states the gimbal arm is $88 & fee is $65 which totals $153 but the total due is $119. ???
I purchased DJI Care Refresh when I got my Mavic 2 so why do have to pay anything? Doesn't Refresh come with 2 replacements?
I don't understand........
I managed to keep my Mavic Pro light weight gimbal working for two years but somehow damaged the heftier gimbal arm in less than two months.

"Dear Customer After carrying out the damage assessment, we found ARM FORCED IN BACKWARDS POSITION. Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. Damage was not caused by product malfunction. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit (After-Sales Service Policies - DJI) The system found that you have purchased DJI Care Refresh. If you want to use this service, please click the payment link. We will replace your product after the payment is complete. The newly released DJI Care Refresh + provides one more opportunity to replace your drone and extends the warranty repair service for one-year, offering comprehensive protection for your flight. For more details: Buy DJI Care Refresh + - DJI Store

Gimbal Axis Arm Module (Zoom)$88.00
Repair Service Fee $65.00
Freight:0.00
Total Amount Due: $119.00

Fight it if you know you didnt cause the problem especially if you have not crashed it. Your care refresh should be good for something.

I received my quote to fix the gimbal from DJI today. The problem is "ARM FORCED IN BACKWARDS" . What does that mean.? I don't know when or how I did it.
The quote states the gimbal arm is $88 & fee is $65 which totals $153 but the total due is $119. ???
I purchased DJI Care Refresh when I got my Mavic 2 so why do have to pay anything? Doesn't Refresh come with 2 replacements?
I don't understand........
I managed to keep my Mavic Pro light weight gimbal working for two years but somehow damaged the heftier gimbal arm in less than two months.

"Dear Customer After carrying out the damage assessment, we found ARM FORCED IN BACKWARDS POSITION. Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. Damage was not caused by product malfunction. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit (After-Sales Service Policies - DJI) The system found that you have purchased DJI Care Refresh. If you want to use this service, please click the payment link. We will replace your product after the payment is complete. The newly released DJI Care Refresh + provides one more opportunity to replace your drone and extends the warranty repair service for one-year, offering comprehensive protection for your flight. For more details: Buy DJI Care Refresh + - DJI Store

Gimbal Axis Arm Module (Zoom)$88.00
Repair Service Fee $65.00
Freight:0.00
Total Amount Due: $119.00

DJI Care has a fee if you do a replacement. I think that is the $119 quote.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes