DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Looking up above - possible?

waverider969

Reactions
Still getting my Mavic ready for its first flight. Just wondering how does one go about looking above the mavic in flight if the gimble camera only moves down angles. I don't want to raise my altitude just be able to check above and in front. I believe its 0 to 90 deg angle on the gimbal. So looks like its not possible. So let’s say your flying and you want to see if there are birds flying above the Mavic ready to pounce on it or something. How would you look up to do that?

I don't have mine yet but after watching several videos on the quad, there is a setting that will allow you to look up to 30° if I recall correctly. I'm sure someone here will chime in with a definitive answer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

DJI-GO-Gimbal-Enabled-Upward-Tilt.jpg

I've been thinking about a project to mount a mirror in front of the camera to inspect under bridges. We'll see how it goes. The main problem will be focussing.

Reactions: MavicBow
I've been thinking about a project to mount a mirror in front of the camera to inspect under bridges. We'll see how it goes. The main problem will be focussing.
Would really like to see how you get on with this!

Would really like to see how you get on with this!
Never got past the thinking stage. Too many projects going on. Maybe somebody can give it a shot before I get back to it.

I would think that you may have better luck with a GoPro on its back laying on top of the Mavic, than a mirror in front of the AC.

Watch out for the possibility of compass interference near that big mass of iron. I don't know how real this is, but if it is severe and commonplace, then maybe the idea won't work for reasons having nothing to do with the mirror or optics.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan