DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

camera reboot midflight

brodz

Reactions
any suggestions of we're to start with my m.p. camera rebooting midflight? seems to happen every flight latlely.. just hoping it doesn't get worse

Are you using a 128GB Card?
Try a smaller 32GB card. Solved the problem for me.

and it does it with my asus tablet running a older version of go app . and my note8 phone. so it's seems to be the camera itself .. quality and signal seem fine

Mid flight gimbal reset. Known problem without a solution.

How old is your Mavic? I had one with this problem right out of the box :eek:

Reactions: EsiMavic
Does the app shut down which reboots the camera? Or does the app stay running while the camera shuts off?

the app stays running.. and I can even record and snap pics during reeboot in flight..this is the card in it at the moment also.. I think my other cards are 64
2dd26bbc7af463a056a39d8c3a647d09.jpg

any suggestions of we're to start with my m.p. camera rebooting midflight? seems to happen every flight latlely.. just hoping it doesn't get worse
Mine started about 2 weeks after getting it on my birthday in October 2017. i'm using a 64gig card. never tried a 32 to see if it would eliminate the issue. I contacted DJI support and was told to calibrate this and calibrate that then update this and then update that. and if all of that didn't work I would need to send the drone back to DJI for service. Well I did everything they told me to do and it still does it. Usually around the 9 minute mark shooting in 4k. I have read that DJI has known about this problem for over a year and refuses to fix the problem. At this time, i'm also refusing to send my drone to them because of the horror stories I have read from people who had the same problem and sent theirs in only to receive a refurbished unit that had more problems than the one that was sent in. it appears DJI has two major issues. 1. customer service is all over the place. 2. they seem not to care that they are putting out a product that has all of these issues. The only way this will ever be corrected is for competition to hurt DJI in the pocketbook. Right now that is not ever close to happening.

Reactions: EsiMavic
Mine started about 2 weeks after getting it on my birthday in October 2017. i'm using a 64gig card. never tried a 32 to see if it would eliminate the issue. I contacted DJI support and was told to calibrate this and calibrate that then update this and then update that. and if all of that didn't work I would need to send the drone back to DJI for service. Well I did everything they told me to do and it still does it. Usually around the 9 minute mark shooting in 4k. I have read that DJI has known about this problem for over a year and refuses to fix the problem. At this time, i'm also refusing to send my drone to them because of the horror stories I have read from people who had the same problem and sent theirs in only to receive a refurbished unit that had more problems than the one that was sent in. it appears DJI has two major issues. 1. customer service is all over the place. 2. they seem not to care that they are putting out a product that has all of these issues. The only way this will ever be corrected is for competition to hurt DJI in the pocketbook. Right now that is not ever close to happening.

When I was looking for answers when I had this problem, I read that if it's always around the 9min mark then it maybe because of the video file cut off point. Apparently when it reaches a certain number of gigabytes it does it. Still unacceptable though.

I hear what you're saying about being afraid too send it in for a replacement. I was in the same boat. Mine had the problem right out of the box. Didn't want to swap it for a refurb.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke