DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I bring my mavic batteries on Canadian airlines?

Dizzy1971

Reactions
ive been looking at the gov website in Canada, and from what I can see,the batteries CAN be carried onboard in carry on bags. BUT the airline could say no....or the security screener could be ignorant and say no....it could just be that I’m at the end of a long day,but it’s as clear as mud to me.
Anyone here actually have the experience of bringing your mavic batteries on WESTJET or Air Canada ?

Last edited:
ive been looking at the gov website in Canada, and from what I can see,the batteries CAN be carried onboard in carry on bags. BUT the airline could say no....or the security screener could be ignorant and say no....it could just be that I’m at the end of a long day,but it’s as clear as mud to me.
Anyone here actually have the experience of bringing your mavic batteries on WESTJET or Air Canada ?

As long as they're in your carry-on, you'll be fine. And despite the fact that you're flying on one specific airline or another, just realize that it's not the airline that really is dictating whether or not you are allowed to carry something on board (yes, they all have their own rules but in reality, they don't know what you have unless you announce it to them prior to boarding). Rather, it really is security that is screening your carry-ons, as the airline never really has the opportunity to check your carry on bag(s). Both the TSA in the US and CATSA in Canada are the only entity that will be checking out your carry-on items - both of which have no issues with carrying on drones (really it's about the batteries, not the drone itself). You can check here for yourself:
What Can I Bring? | CATSA | ACSTA

The security screener made me power up the mavic. But other than that I never had any issues. I was carrying 3 batteries.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman