DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I Fly Here?

jmorse62

Reactions
My home is within 5 miles of a small untowered airport. Am I allowed to fly.in that area?
I know there are a lot of different airspaces and rules, but is there any simple explanation of where I can fly?
Lots of stories about people getting agaravated about drones flying around their house. How do you handle that? I dont want to get shot down...

Sent from my SM-G930P using MavicPilots mobile app

How close 'within'? In most cases a small airport without a tower (which is most) will not be an issue, stay away from any approach vectors. What does the app, either the DJI app or better yet B4UFly app say about the airspace. Can't help much unless you name the airport? or give its location.

If you are not a 107 license holder, this is the FAA rule you must follow.
  • Provide prior notification to the airport and air traffic control tower, if one is present, when flying within 5 miles of an airport
This does not mean they have to grant you permission, however, there are more broad common sense rules like not flying in a reckless manner.

Go check out the FAA website for more info.

Just use common sense, if I'm flying and I see an aircraft I lower my drone just like if I am drive and I see or hear an emergency vehicle I slow down and pull over off the road to get out of the way. You may see a small plane anywhere just use common sense and get out of the way.
P&HG

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Flying can be pretty rough. Finding a place that's safe to launch and fly can be difficult when you factor in airspace, private property over flights and launch locations. Not to mention people that think drones are bad.

There's a lot of scenic country where I live and I know people would try to shot down a drone for "violating their airspace".

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe