DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I use my Apps and Device with someone else's Drone?

Logger

Reactions
A friend has a Phantom 4 and has only flown it a couple of times. Needs a few tips on how to operate it . He flies it with DJIGo and an iPhone wheras I fly my Mavic with Android and IOS iPd.

Can I hook up my iPad with DJIGO4 installed to his controller and expect it to work? Or is his drone tied to his DJI account in manner that precludes my DJI install flying his?

The answer is YES. In case anyone else needs to know. Plugged in my iPad to his RC it all worked fine in GO4 with no credentials required.

The question is... how will the flight logs and records get sorted out? I can just see HealthyDrones and/or DJI would register a new drone on my account and then it would be very difficult to get it re-synched to the drone owner's account instead. Maybe both would recognize serial numbers correctly but then they must get messed up after a private sale of a drone.

"The question is..". Well no that was actually not the question.. The question was if I could fly his drone with my software and my mobile device and indeed I can. So good to know.
Your flight log question is a different issue. HealthyDrones lets you readily delete flights - so that is a non issue, delete it if you don't want it. DJGoI allocates the flight to a new aircraft and you can readily delete it too.
Just like flying real aircraft, after a certain number of hours flight logs will become academic and you won't care too much about how many hours you have logged.

Well no that was actually not the question.

Sorry for intruding on the conversation that you were having with yourself. You asked one question and answered it, so I imprecisely said "the question" vs "the next question" or "my question."

And with flying a real aircraft, flight logs are an actual legal concern... as they are covered with 107 regulation.

Yeah sorry, I was out of line.
With real aircraft, sure the legal,concern is there, but a point comes when one is not too fussed about absolute totals anymore. So if an extra flight gets logged or another gets missed I dont lose any sleep.

I've just sold my P4. Will I keep getting 'his' flights turning up in my account? Surely he would need to know my e-mail and password? If not, can I contact DJI to 'unlink' my old P4? I don't want his flight records appearing in my history - especially as he's very inexperienced.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Yeah sorry, I was out of line.
With real aircraft, sure the legal,concern is there, but a point comes when one is not too fussed about absolute totals anymore. So if an extra flight gets logged or another gets missed I dont lose any sleep.

Here in the UK, as part of my PfCO qualifications, I need to demonstrate my flight times. Getting incorrect data on my account would bug the hell out of me!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: halley
No its the other way round. When I flew my friends drone yesterday with my DJI software the flights showed up in my account not his. So the person who bought your old drone will get the flights logged an not you. So it not an issue. Main thing is you can in fact use your software to fly someone eases drone if need be.

Reactions: Mike_in_Letcombe
No its the other way round. When I flew my friends drone yesterday with my DJI software the flights showed up in my account not his. So the person who bought your old drone will get the flights logged an not you. So it not an issue. Main thing is you can in fact use your software to fly someone eases drone if need be.
Thank you- just the answer I wanted.

Hi, I have a legal angle question for the same scenario - the drone is already registered to my friend's account. I have already one drone registered to my account. I want to fly my friend's drone. Do I have register it to me or just show my friend's registration in case I am asked by authorities?

Hi, I have a legal angle question for the same scenario - the drone is already registered to my friend's account. I have already one drone registered to my account. I want to fly my friend's drone. Do I have register it to me or just show my friend's registration in case I am asked by authorities?
You don't say where you are.
If you are asking about US recreational drone registration, the same number can be used for all the drones you own/fly.
The FAA doen't even ask for any details about what drones you have.

If it's not the USA, look up your local regulations.

Reactions: Lesio333
You don't say where you are.
If you are asking about US recreational drone registration, the same number can be used for all the drones you own/fly.
The FAA doen't even ask for any details about what drones you have.

If it's not the USA, look up your local regulations.
I will be flying in USA and Europe.
I don't even remember if I gave my drone's ID during my registration. I thought I did. I would think that if the drone is found, it can be traced by registration to the pilot.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM