DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can one udate firmware of controller only using DJI Assistant2

aerialphotosbrisbane

Reactions
I am using PrecissionMapper with the mavicpro on my Ipad, (for drone mapping) A warning comes up saying the drone's firmware has to be updated to 1.3.5 using Inflight (??). ... the current controller version is 01.03.0500.

I did a firmware upgrade via the ipad and all was good. but PrecissionMapper still wants an upgrade

Can anyone confirm what the latest firmware is for the controller.
Also, when an update takes place, does it update the firmware for the Mavic and controller at the same time?

I just downloaded the DJI Assistant2 program. installed it on 2 different computers (Windows) and with 3 different cables could not get the hand controller to connect. This software is a real pain.

thanks

I had problems getting the controller to connect but it eventually did after usual tricks like try a different USB outlet or connect while turned on/not turned on.
It's certainly supposed to be possible to update only contoller that way.

Thanks 4wd, when the mavic does a firmware upgrade, I asseme the controller and battery in at the moment have a firmware upgrade as well ?

DJI usually releases firmware updates for both the Mavic and remote controller at the same time. Battery updates are less frequent. DJI GO will display a message if any of those components need to be upgraded.

thanks msinger, the update info is good to know, I had a reply from PrecisionHawk that its okay to bypass the error message and fly. Pissing with rain here at the moment. When the weather clears, I will try PrecisionMapper on a small field.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78