DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't update RC Firmware?

Jhun80

Reactions
Updated the drone already, i flew for 89ft altitude 29ft distance, then was trying to update firmware via the app and it keeps giving me this error "network disconnected..." i have good wifi signal, restarted rc, drone and my phone but still the same, i tried mobile data too bit tha same error. I can fly with it but i just wanna get rid of the red sign that says update RC firmware.Screenshot_20180910-112834.jpegScreenshot_20180910-112710.jpeg

You'll probably need to download the Assistant 2 software, it's a relatively large firmware download and takes a while to do.
Note you will need to connect controller and drone separately, they both need doing.
Most people are getting the same message, it usually worked OK from the app with previous mavic.

Reactions: Jhun80
DJIs servers are being hammered. As someone says above, do it via DJI assistant. (make sure the drone is OFF or this wont work)

You'll probably need to download the Assistant 2 software, it's a relatively large firmware download and takes a while to do.
Note you will need to connect controller and drone separately, they both need doing.
Most people are getting the same message, it usually worked OK from the app with previous mavic.
I already upgraded the firmware on my mavic via the app, i will try just the rc on DJI assistant when i have time. Thanks

I had to update through the computer because I was getting the same "update failed" message as u...
I had success updating the drone through the computer using dji assistant 2 app but when I tried updating the controller it didn't recognize it.... I found out that the drone must be off (thanks to this forum) in order to recognize the controller and the download worked after drone was off!
Once I updated the drone and controller though the computer.... when I hooked my phone up to controller and powered on the drone there was a firmware update that I had to download and it actually was successful, had to do it to all 3 batteries... FINALLY ready to fly just have rainy weather for the next 3 days...

I had to update through the computer because I was getting the same "update failed" message as u...
I had success updating the drone through the computer using dji assistant 2 app but when I tried updating the controller it didn't recognize it.... I found out that the drone must be off (thanks to this forum) in order to recognize the controller and the download worked after drone was off!
Once I updated the drone and controller though the computer.... when I hooked my phone up to controller and powered on the drone there was a firmware update that I had to download and it actually was successful, had to do it to all 3 batteries... FINALLY ready to fly just have rainy weather for the next 3 days...

I already updated mine from DJI assistant. Pardon my ignorance but, why do you have to update the firmware with all your batteries?

Becasue there is firmware in the batteries and only the one that's installed can be updated... but you don't need to use assistant each time, once one has been done the others can be done from the app (no more download needed).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai